Laundry prices

cherrypop

I know that Princess has laundry specials (fill a bag). Does anyone know how much it is for ironing only, do they have any special for this?

Cherie

I've never seen a "fill a bag" special. I think they only have them on longer cruises (my longest was 10 days).

There are laundromats on almost every floor on a Princess ship. They will have irons and tables set up for you to use. I always do my own laundry on cruises longer than 7 days and use them all the time. I have only seen the irons being used twice!

I agree, it is a great way to meet new people and learn the gossip too!

I have also seen the room stewards running in and ironing something on the fly but have no idea if they get paid and/or how much.

I've never seen a "fill a bag" special. I think they only have them on longer cruises (my longest was 10 days).
Yes, they're sometimes (I don't want to use the word "usually") offered on longer cruises.

As for the cost of sending your things out to be laundered, that's why the unlimited free laundry is such a great perk for Elite cruisers. :) On a longer cruise, this becomes a big perk.

We always get DH tux dry cleaned on the ship as its so cheap $10 compared to UK prices of between $20 - $30!

Please note it is not traditional dry cleaning as that involves chemicals no longer used at sea.

On the laundry list the column is labeled "Cleaning", not "Dry Cleaning."

I know that Princess has laundry specials (fill a bag). Does anyone know how much it is for ironing only, do they have any special for this?

Cherie

I think I remember paying $20 for laundry on our last 10 day cruise. About day 6 they had a "special" that had a set price for all the things you can fit in the plastic bag. My husband rolled everything into pretty small tight rolls. You'd be surprised what you can fit in the bag that way. It all came back neatly folded or hung on hangers.

I'm hoping they offer a bag special on our 10 day cruise in case we need anything laundered. Unlike many, I have no intention of doing laundry or ironing on my vacation, unless I need to hand wash something in the sink. I'm not a light packer, so a bag special would probably be enough to fit anything we need cleaned.

I think I remember paying $20 for laundry on our last 10 day cruise. About day 6 they had a "special" that had a set price for all the things you can fit in the plastic bag. My husband rolled everything into pretty small tight rolls. You'd be surprised what you can fit in the bag that way. It all came back neatly folded or hung on hangers.

RCCL uses plastic bags for their laundry special.

Princess uses the same paper bags as for the non-special deays.

When I'm on a cruise, I'm on vacation. Vacation from everything I normally do at home - including laundry. I factor in the cost of sending a few things out to be laundered as part of the cost of the cruise, and then I can really feel like I'm on vacation.

Archived