Hotels in Galveston

dzgirl

Has anyone stayed at the Inn at the Waterpark?? Were going on the magic on March 17, 2013 and the prices for hotels are outrageous! I do realize its spring break so thats probably why but my hubby is in school so we are at the mercy of his school schedule, we booked this hotel for 2 nights for 165.00 and ive been reading some mixed reviews on it. We want to enjoy galveston the saturday before the cruise so we didnt want to break the bank on a hotel for 2 nights, any reviews or thoughts on this hotel would be nice and if anyone knows anywhere else thats reasonable thats not on all the websites or something let me know. Thanks!!!!

wow, thats too high.. I got it on priceline so much cheaper.. thats the good news.

the bad news is I got talked into conquest the week before, so Im having to forfeit the hotel.

I think I was not too excited about it.. its too far from the port to me.. not on the ocean either.. not much good about the location that I can tell.

Im trying to decide if I should call them and tell them I will be a no show or not.

Im sure I could beat that price if I was booking in Galveston .. I would just start checking around. Sept is still high season down there, so prices were quite high this month too .. thats why I did priceline .... first time. I always booked direct before. figures.

have you checked sites like lastminutetravel and blind hotel sites like that. lastminutetravel you can easily figure out which hotel it is .. and no fee like hotwire.

wow, thats too high.. I got it on priceline so much cheaper.. thats the good news.

the bad news is I got talked into conquest the week before, so Im having to forfeit the hotel.

I think I was not too excited about it.. its too far from the port to me.. not on the ocean either.. not much good about the location that I can tell.

Im trying to decide if I should call them and tell them I will be a no show or not.

Im sure I could beat that price if I was booking in Galveston .. I would just start checking around. Sept is still high season down there, so prices were quite high this month too .. thats why I did priceline .... first time. I always booked direct before. figures.

Thats 165.00 for 2 nights is that still too high?? Does priceline not let you cancel if its 72 hrs in advance? YOu may call them and see what they say never hurts to ask right! Thanks for the advice enjoy your cruise!

I paid $44, plus a fee, and tax, $57.XX total

Remember, your Priceline hotel reservation is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-changeable. If you have any questions or require further assistance, please visit our Help Section.

I just called and nope, nothing they will or can do, they are very sorry.

Yea I knew it would have been ok, and at the time I did not intend to do the conquest cruise.. cant be on conquest and at the hotel.

I was surprised I got this hotel, since I was asking for one of the one stars along seawall and they said, surprise we upgraded you to a 2 star hotel, Inn at the Waterpark.

im sure it will be ok OP .. I have never had a bad hotel in Galveston or felt unsafe. I think its near the University?

Several of us from the upcoming 9-23 cruise have booked this hotel. I paid $90 for ours but several got it for considerably less. Several have stayed there before and have said it wasn't fancy but still clean and acceptable.

i dont need fancy but i have heard that its noisy and some of the rooms are worse then others guess its kind of the luck of the draw it was 81.00 a night so i guess we will see! If you think about it will you let me know how you liked it when you get back? Have a fun trip

im jealous i want to stay there but it would cost 204 a night plus they require 2 nights minimum :( bummer.

You can almost always gets around that 2 night minimum by booking it thru a site.. not direct.

Just for grins, check hotels.com or expedia.. I think its hotels.com that you can get around the minimum though.. there is always a way.

You can almost always gets around that 2 night minimum by booking it thru a site.. not direct.

Just for grins, check hotels.com or expedia.. I think its hotels.com that you can get around the minimum though.. there is always a way.

ill look! i could have sworn it didnt show up on the other sites but i could be wrong ive looked at so many now its very possible lol! :rolleyes:

I am a local to Galveston and can tell you that no the location is not fantastic but it is right down the street from the Seawall and everything Galveston offers. I think if you have a car you will be fine. It's not a bad looking place. It is also basically on the same property as Moody Gardens which I suggest you go to if you never have.

That said I have heard people get good deals for Galvez on Priceline. however Spring Break you may have as good as you can get. Also check out Guidos Inn.

I stayed at that hotel in March (not spring break, so not nearly as expensive as what you're talking about). It wasn't anything fancy but it was clean and comfortable and the room was large. You do need a car because it's not very close to anything. The breakfast was pretty basic but all in all, it was fine.

I am a local to Galveston and can tell you that no the location is not fantastic but it is right down the street from the Seawall and everything Galveston offers. I think if you have a car you will be fine. It's not a bad looking place. It is also basically on the same property as Moody Gardens which I suggest you go to if you never have.

That said I have heard people get good deals for Galvez on Priceline. however Spring Break you may have as good as you can get. Also check out Guidos Inn.

Thanks for the info! we are driving down so we will have a car to run around in, i plan to leave it there im hoping its safe, we have left it at the Laquinta inn on seawall before and had no trouble. im insured anyways lol so i just make sure not to leave valuables in it!!

Oh and I hop on Magic when you hop off.

Ill make sure she gets back in one peice and ready for you lol!

I've looked up several pictures that I saw of Inn at the Waterpark and it certainly looks good in those pics. We stayed at the Hilton last year and while it was just okay, it seemed kinda musty smelling overall, the breakfast was nice but the shuttle pick up after the cruise was very frustrating. We kept calling them and it took over an hour for them to pick us up.

Archived