Oasis/Allure Boardwalk Balcony bed placement diagram

rakes5

• 9 months later...

I just want to sincerely thank all of you that do what you do for the rest of us.

I have been on ships for years and never ever paid attention to the bed situation, or taken the time to join this great group and help others with their concerns.

Thank you all and now that I have joined your:) group I will do the same to try to make others have a better experience.

Bet:

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 8/9/2014 at 10:00 PM, Sunny AZ Girl said:

I liked the bed by the closet. You can sit on the sofa and look out at the ocean if it's too hot or rainy to sit on the balcony. I do spend time in my cabin reading or working on pictures & I find this relaxing. The proximity to the closet of the bed never bothered us.

I'm leaning this way also. Our teens are in an adjacent room, and on our cruise last year we (DH and I) had the sofa-closet/bed-balcony setup and the kids had the dreaded bed-closet/sofa-balcony. I think it was worse for them because the beds are separated and take up just a little more room away from just in front of the closet. If the beds are together, that would clear up a bit more space, correct?

I'm thinking of letting them have the extra space with the sofa by the closet this time. I think I might be like @Sunny AZ Girl and find some positives with the soft next to the balcony...