Ironing shirts

AuH20

Hi, first time cruiser. Travelling on silouhette very soon in a stateroom. Do they have irons in the room or can you ask customer services for one? Husband worried about his evening shirts being creased. Also what is the hanger situation like in the wardrobe? Are there many? Are they good quality ie wooden ones?

Many thanks

There are no irons in the room nor any that you can access. Celebrity does not allow you to bring irons or steamers aboard.

You have a couple of choices with regards to his shirts --

you can send them out to be pressed

you can use a product like Downy Wrinkle Release

you can hang them in the bathroom while you take a shower and let the steam do its best

Some would say that you can just let them be a bit wrinkled, which is probably what most passengers do. But the pressing service is probably going to be your best option if he is really particular about his shirts.

There might not be enough hangers in the closet. You can ask your stateroom attendant for more, which will likely be wire hangers that other passengers have left behind, possibly plastic ones. Have never received wooden ones but you might get lucky, especially if you specify that you would prefer them.

Hi, first time cruiser. Travelling on silouhette very soon in a stateroom. Do they have irons in the room or can you ask customer services for one? Husband worried about his evening shirts being creased. Also what is the hanger situation like in the wardrobe? Are there many? Are they good quality ie wooden ones?

Many thanks

No irons,fire hazard.$2.50 to have dress shirts beautifully ironed on board. Wash them at home,roll them, send to laundry to be pressed.Life is good.:cool:

No irons of any kind are allowed on board, nor can they be borrowed. You can, however, send clothing out to be pressed. The hangers are good quality wood and there are plenty of them. If you need more you have only to ask your steward. I bring along a travel bottle of wrinkle release to help with smoothing suitcase-crushed clothing. The steam from morning showers works wonders, too.

Sorry, but no irons or self-service laundry facilities on any X ship -- and you can't bring irons (or steamers) on board, either. A quick search on these boards should produce lots of threads with good tips for wrinkle-free packing (plastic bags, tissue paper, wrinkle-release sprays, etc). The ship's laundry offers a wide variety of services, including pressing -- for a fee, of course. Hangers are the nice sturdy wooden ones. If you find that you need more, just ask your room steward. :cool:

(OT note: I have to get quicker on the keyboard! When I started this post, there were zero replies to the OP's question -- now, I'm at the end of a long chorus line.)

Many thanks

No irons in the cabins...they are a safety hazard.

I always bring along some of the hangers from the dry cleaners, they weigh next to nothing in the luggage and take up very little space in the closet. The ones that the ship supplies are the better wooden ones, including some with clips for pants/skirts, but the closet space is limited, so the wire ones cover more area. Hang the shirts on the little pegs in the shower when you are finished and the steam will help with the wrinkles.

Just to add to the thread, no irons or steamers are allowed on board any Celebrity ship and from reports back by other cruisers will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise. Here is a link to the laundry service, I usually don't bother doing the clothes at home, just give them to th steward the first day and have them done.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&faqSubjectId=70

No irons,fire hazard.$2.50 to have dress shirts beautifully ironed on board. Wash them at home,roll them, send to laundry to be pressed.Life is good.:cool:

This is what I do with all my non-dryclean dinner clothes.

Archived