Elite Member booking guarantee Balcony

cruiseonly

I am an Elite Member, and plan to book a guarantee balcony. We usually pick out balcony, but I thought we would try it once.

Elite members get a free category upgrade. How would this work with a guarantee.

All Captains Club members get the same category upgrade, it is an inside to inside or an outside to outside. No upgrades for veranda, Concierge, Aqua or Suites...

The "upgrade" is actually more of a price reduction than any kind of upgrade.

It is not valid on verandah staterooms of any class.

But for the interior, and the ocean view staterooms, you book the stateroom you want, and pay for a lesser priced room. For instance, on Connie, you can book a category 4 and pay for a category 5; on Eclipse, you can book a category 7 and pay for category 8.

A guarantee balcony is precisly that: You will be assigned a balcony. Unless a specific category is mentioned (usually not) you may be assigned to any balcony on the ship. Now, here's the rub: Once you are assigned a cabin in a particular category you are locked into that category. Let's say you receive a 2B, if you want a 1A you'll need to pay the 1A price to get it. However, if you don't like the location of your 2b you can request a different cabin at no extra charge so long as it's in the 2B category. Confused? I hope not.

The upgrade does not apply on guarantees or balconies for that matter.

That being said. I think they may take the elite status into consideration when assigning cabins. Example: My sisters, who have cruised less than we have, booked a Guaranteed balcony at the same time we did on the same cruise. They ended up with a 2B while we got a 1A. Then again, we might have just been lucky too. Who knows.

The upgrade does not apply on guarantees or balconies for that matter.

That being said. I think they may take the elite status into consideration when assigning cabins. Example: My sisters, who have cruised less than we have, booked a Guaranteed balcony at the same time we did on the same cruise. They ended up with a 2B while we got a 1A. Then again, we might have just been lucky too. Who knows.

They don't. Just pure luck. I've been assigned some of the worse cabins even when a "top cruiser". Once I receive my assignment I check to see what's available in the same category and switch if a better choice is available. Recently did this with an AQ Guarantee and went from under the Spa to a quiet location near an elevator.

The "upgrade" is actually more of a price reduction than any kind of upgrade.

It is not valid on verandah staterooms of any class.

But for the interior, and the ocean view staterooms, you book the stateroom you want, and pay for a lesser priced room. For instance, on Connie, you can book a category 4 and pay for a category 5; on Eclipse, you can book a category 7 and pay for category 8.

I remember booking cruises on board and getting a category up rooms on veranda and Concierge rooms. (ie getting a C2 for the price of a C3.) I thought it was because of Elite? Richard

I remember booking cruises on board and getting a category up rooms on veranda and Concierge rooms. (ie getting a C2 for the price of a C3.) I thought it was because of Elite? Richard

That was due to the onboard booking bonus. They give up to a 3 category upgrade for onboard booking. Since they will no longer gibe a C1 for a C3 price you received a C2 for a C3 price. Had absolutely nothing to do with Captain's Club or Elite.

You also received a OBC depending on the length of the cruise. Ranged from $50 for a cruise less than 7 days to $300 for a cruise of 14 days or more. There may have been other perks as well such aa a free Specialty dinner on your cruise if you booked a future cruise within a set time.

Archived