maasdam passengers saved from seagull poo

CtheW0rld

I'm curious how you happened upon this article. :D

But, thanks for sharing with us.

We've enjoyed a great many visits at PEI and can happily report we never had to wade through what the seagulls might have left behind.

I'm curious how you happened upon this article. :D

But, thanks for sharing with us.

We've enjoyed a great many visits at PEI and can happily report we never had to wade through what the seagulls might have left behind.

google news. i was looking for info about the damage to the ship. maybe the seagulls were ticked off and attacked the maasdam? (very 'hitchcock')

It's just the Maritimer hospitality in trying to make guests feel welcome and not having to scrape their shoes. I think seagulls are some of the smartest birds alive. They can see a french fry a mile away.

We were on Maasdam in Boston Harbor having boarded for a Canada/NE cruise a few years ago. We were eating our lunch at a table outside the back of Lido. DH and I heard a noise and stood for a moment at the rail to see what we had heard. When we returned the few feet to our table, we saw a seagull grabbing half of DH's sandwich off his plate and flew off with it. :D

Smart bird had a delicious lunch that day !!! :)

I read the title of this post and thought maybe someone would be saved from what I experienced 2 years ago. Boarded ship, revved up, ready for great cruise, wearing my new summer outfit and cute hat (I thought) that matched my cute purse and cute sandals. DH and I went out to cross Lido deck for lunch, talking, happy.... when SPLAT!! :eek: What felt like a bucket full but really was probably only about 1/3 of a cup of "seagull poo" fell on me, dripped down hat.... Bar waiter saw what happened as I carefully removed hat and assessed shoulder and back damage.... He said, "You are so lucky!! That is a sign of good luck when you are on a ship." By dinner time it was a funny story to share but not so much while standing there. When I read this thread I thought maybe the Maasdam arranged people with umbrellas to walk the unwary across decks until the ship was out of harm's way/seagull poo. margretha

We have also been to PEI several times and never encountered a problem.

Maybe this is something new that is happening there.

Of course we have the pigeons in Market square.

And all the Canadian Geese.

the falcons are taking care of the pidgeon problem, for the most part. i can watch them patrolling from my office.

Archived