Embarkation Day Lunch MDR

AAAAmerican

I was really looking forward to this lunch but I am not sure if we will have it on our Baltic cruise as we don't start to board until 1 pm (as we leave at 6pm) but I understand that the lunch ends at 1:30. Anyone know if the lunch will be extended?

I was really looking forward to this lunch but I am not sure if we will have it on our Baltic cruise as we don't start to board until 1 pm (as we leave at 6pm) but I understand that the lunch ends at 1:30. Anyone know if the lunch will be extended?

Lunch in the dining room will not be extended, but boarding really will start around noon.

I've heard ( as of last year ) that some ships play dumb and tell people the dining rooms are NOT open on embarkation day. Is that no longer true?:confused:

I fell for it once. Never again. MDR lunch is always a fun experience.

I've heard ( as of last year ) that some ships play dumb and tell people the dining rooms are NOT open on embarkation day. Is that no longer true?:confused:

I assume they are told to push the buffet due to crowds. At every checkin they remind me of the buffet. With that being said, I have never had someone deny that the MDR is open. I prefer Alfredo's when available.

On the Caribbean Princess, lunch is served from 12 to 1:30 in the Coral DR. Take Midship lifts to Deck 6. It's opposite the Passenger Services Desk so I go sign up for 'whatever' (Ship Tour, increase auto-tip, etc) while DW gets our table. Funny, but whomever we get seated with, become really good Cruise Buddies for the whole trip.

December '13 they still had the great menu with Salmon, Medallions... yum!

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

The OP's post is from 2012.

As noted, lunch is not extended. On regular sea days the MDR is only open from 12-1:30 for lunch. Embarkation day is no different.

We did the Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen last year on the Emerald. Boarding started at around noon, just like almost every other port and our departure was not until 6:00pm. I suggest ignoring the 1:00 time and showing up at the pier no later than 11:30. We enjoyed lunch in the Dining Room :)