Anyone been on Connie recently?

AviGirl

Can't decide whether our annual December cruise should be on Reflection or a b2b on Connie. DH and I love the S class (been on Solstice & Eclipse) but like the thought of a b2b on Connie - two extra night and two extra credits for close to the same price is appealing. Opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Just got off Connie, Amsterdam -Southampton 2 day repositioning cruise, to make us Elite!

We had an inside room, 1st time ever, but as this was an extra cruise to make us Elite, we did it 'on the cheap.'

Friends had a concierge on deck 9 and complained that the ovehang from above cut out the sun from their balcony.

Not sure what I can tell you, as no-one yet has experience of Reflection.

We were on Eclipse, 6 months after launch and there were still issues- bad smell on our corridor.

If Connie will get you to Elite go for it. The pleasures of being Elite are awesome.And ongoing. I like to see a new ship cruise for several months before booking it. Am on Connie both Fall and Spring TAs. Considering both Reflections and Connie for B2B Europe also.. I think you will find the food better on newer S class, only real difference to me.

We too have just got off Connie ( we were the ones with the shaded deck 9 balcony:))

We have some photos here

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjw1oz9g

and video here if it helps at all

The pictures and videos are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing!! We are booked on Connie for the pre-Christmas cruise in a CC cabin and inside. Which cabin were you in on deck 9?

We too have just got off Connie ( we were the ones with the shaded deck 9 balcony:))....

We were just one deck below you, also on the portside midship in CC cabin and we thought we had too much sun!! We could not enjoy a balcony breakfast due to the amount of direct sun and heat; we promptly retreated inside. We would have loved an overhang :). It's always amusing to read on these boards how two posters could be on the same cruise and have such different experiences.

Thanks so much for your replies!! This is why I love CC! :D

Yes, we only need 3 credits to become elite and will receive 4 if we do the b2b on Connie (we always book Concierge) which will finally make us elite!

I read on a few threads that they didn't upgrade the mattresses during the refurb and that they were somewhat uncomfortable... is there any truth to this? what are your thoughts?

Jo-b: Thanks so much for the photos and video! Great photos and the ship looks great!

The one thing that's tilting us towards Reflection are the specialty restaurants... DH and I usually only ever eat in the speciality restaurants and like the variety on Reflection... plus Qsine is a fav's. Oh decisions, decisions... ;)

We're on the Connie at the moment and no they haven't replaced the mattresses in concierge class. We are finding them quite hard as we are used to pillow tops both at home and on HAL. But we're having a great time on the cruise. No concerns with anything else. The mattresses will probably be redone in the coming refurb next year.

Archived