Which ship is better: Caribbean Princess or Grand?

CruisinGirl777

Even though I've said on her twice, I'd recemmend the Grand of the Caribbean, those extra passengers on the Caribbean do make a difference, we found the service to be much better on the Golden than the Caribbean, since there were less passengers.

But if the ports is what matters than the CB would be the choice just b/c the port time differences.

We've sailed on both ships this year out of Southampton.

We are happy to sail on both again, as with any ship are will always be aspects of the layout or the staff or the food, entertainment you may not be happy with. For instance, there is no central stairwell on the Grand, its a bit of a pain but not the end of the world. However, the desert station in the buffet is great! It all balances out in the end.

Simon.

Wow I am really surprised. I hear so much about the Caribbean Princess so I figured that it would be a favourite. It is good to know that most prefer the Grand.

My itinerary difference is basically having Princess Cay at the beginning vs at the end.

Grand:

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 4:00 PM

At sea

At sea

Aruba 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Curacao 7:00 AM 1:00 PM

At sea

Princess Cays, Bahamas 9:00 AM 4:00 PM

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

CP:

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 4:00 PM

Princess Cays, Bahamas 9:00 AM 4:00 PM

At sea

Curacao 1:00 PM 10:00 PM

Aruba 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

At sea

At sea

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Which itinerary looks better to you? Would you still chose the Grand in this scenario?

I kinda like the sea days at the beginning. I love sea days . Plus it gives time to get used to the ship. Thoughts???

Not been on the Grand -- but do have one booked for next year. I also have the southern Caribbean booked on the CB for the intinerary. I would rather have my port day(s) near the beginning of the trip (just my personal liking though) -- plus I have been on the CB before and really liked this ship. I also loved the Golden, sister to the Grand -- but Celebrity still gets my overall best cruiseline vote. There are often deals on Celebrity as well -- but think they are only leaving out of San Juan for the So Caribbean -- which is not convenient at all for us.

I also loved the Golden, sister to the Grand -- but Celebrity still gets my overall best cruiseline vote. There are often deals on Celebrity as well -- but think they are only leaving out of San Juan for the So Caribbean -- which is not convenient at all for us.

I absolutely LOVE Celebrity but not sure what the new CEO is planning. Someone else mentioned to just keep looking for deals as they will always be there.

Archived