CC Class Reflection

mic123

Is it worth $100 for CC class on Reflection? I do not need the extra point and from what I have read the cabins are the same size as veranda cabins.

So...would you pay $100 extra for CC class?

Thanks!

Should have mentioned was booked on Constellation in CC but am changing to Reflection.

The cash value of the amenities is not going to reach $100 total, let alone $100/pp. However, if the cabin is in a location you prefer to the Veranda, then it might be worth the upcharge. Is one of the cabins with the extended balconies on the hump available? That would be worth it to me.

We have always booked CC on M-class ships, mostly for the larger cabins, and originally booked CC on our Med cruise next month on Reflection. We eventually decided it wasn't worth the extra money for a bottle of sparkling wine we end up mostly throwing away, or the canapes that we really don't need to eat that close to dinner (if we have them we opt for the cheese and crackers instead). The plusher robes are of little value to us, and although the daily flowers are nice, it certainly won't lessen our cruise experience if we don't have them. As for "priority" embarkation, restaurant reservations, etc., we have never found that being CC really makes much of a difference over what our friends in their standard cabin would experience.

Bottom line - we finally down graded to a 1B cabin located at the middle of the hump on deck 8 and feel we have an even better location than before, and at less cost.

Is it worth $100 for CC class on Reflection? I do not need the extra point and from what I have read the cabins are the same size as veranda cabins.

So...would you pay $100 extra for CC class?

Thanks!

Should have mentioned was booked on Constellation in CC but am changing to Reflection.

We had CC on Sillhoutte last March. Cabin is the same size as regular balcony. We got it as a CC guarantee for the same price as balcony so it was no extra cost for us. But I did not see any extra value except bottle of wine and traditional seating.

Thank you all,

I ended up keeping the cc cabin only because of the location. Per the TA it was only a $20 difference in price.

So you turned down the 1A? No way in the world would I pay even the same price for CC if it wasn't a bigger balcony vs a 1A. Take the bigger balcony. The rooms are identical in size but you will love having the extra outdoor space. Trust me. Been there and done that.

So you turned down the 1A? No way in the world would I pay even the same price for CC if it wasn't a bigger balcony vs a 1A. Take the bigger balcony. The rooms are identical in size but you will love having the extra outdoor space. Trust me. Been there and done that.

We had this discussion on another thread. I told him that the C3 cabin was not in as good a location on the ship as the 1A, and that for the additional $20, he should forget it and take tha 1A just because of the larger balcony.

I'm with you!! Location trumps balcony! If you book early enough you can get both!

Yeah, but the location was way up forward. Not a great location on an S-Class ship in my opinion. Everything centers around the mid-ships elevators (bank of 8), down to the martini bar/dining, up to the buffet/lawn.

We had this discussion on another thread. I told him that the C3 cabin was not in as good a location on the ship as the 1A, and that for the additional $20, he should forget it and take tha 1A just because of the larger balcony.

Yeah, me too. Guess the TA/Celebrity still had them convinced that the CC would be better. People should know not to believe anything they tell them and to come here for advice. I would so take the 1A. Forget that CC room with the regular balcony. Oh well. We did our duty :D.

I'll let them come see our 2 angled connected balconies and then they will be kicking themselves. If it came down to it, and I couldn't get a CC with the large balcony, I would have taken a 1A without hesitation.

Yeah, but the location was way up forward. Not a great location on an S-Class ship in my opinion. Everything centers around the mid-ships elevators (bank of 8), down to the martini bar/dining, up to the buffet/lawn.

We usually don't care were we are located in relation to the elevators as we always use the stairs. We have been in both categories and no matter how big the balcony's are you still only have 2 chairs and 1 table but in CC you have the footstools which DH loves:D Just put me in any cabin on the Sky deck (10) and I'll be happy:D

I know we are in the minority here, but the reason I liked the location up forward and on that deck is because it is about 5 decks up to the kids center, and 5 decks down to the other stuff. We only ever take stairs so elevators are not important.

When we were on the Grand Princess in March, the kids center was clear on the other end of the ship and up, and everything else on the other side and down. I must have walked 100 miles that week LOL

My daughter lives in there by choice, but I like to go back and check every hour or so just to make sure she is not getting bored.

And...It looks as if the 1A balconies are the same width across, only longer from cabin to the edge. Now, if it were wider, that would be a whole other story.

• 5 months later...
My sister picked out 2170 on Reflection for our sail on 7/8/13. In your opinion, are there any foreseeable issues with this location? It's on deck 12.

Thanks!

We are also looking at this cabin - no reviews of it yet on the master spreadsheet. Has anyone had any experience with cabins in this location on Reflection? We know it will have the huge balcony, but we're concerned about noise from above. The reviews on comparable cabins on the other ships don't indicate a problem, but we'd love to hear from people who have been on Reflection.

We usually don't care were we are located in relation to the elevators as we always use the stairs. We have been in both categories and no matter how big the balcony's are you still only have 2 chairs and 1 table but in CC you have the footstools which DH loves:D Just put me in any cabin on the Sky deck (10) and I'll be happy:D

I like the footstools also.;)

We usually don't care were we are located in relation to the elevators as we always use the stairs.

The stairs are always right beside the elevators. But if you like to walk ... I guess it is not an issue ;)

Archived