Princess Coffee Cards - photos

bobalink

Bean Counters - nice pun!

The older coffee cards are mostly grandfathered. You can still use them for specialty coffees, just not for brewed coffee.

I successfully used an older card for brewed coffees in this manner. I had a completely unused one from a previous BOGO offer. I asked the barista to trade it out for a new one which he did. Voila! A card which can now be used for brewed coffee too.

I see they didn't date or put voyage number down on your card.

That was a mistake!!!

The barista that sold me my card did put the ship name on the back.

My daughter purchased her card at a different time and they did not fill out the back.:)

Bean Counters - nice pun!

The older coffee cards are mostly grandfathered. You can still use them for specialty coffees, just not for brewed coffee.

I successfully used an older card for brewed coffees in this manner. I had a completely unused one from a previous BOGO offer. I asked the barista to trade it out for a new one which he did. Voila! A card which can now be used for brewed coffee too.

Thank you! You answered a question I've had since I heard about the new coffee cards. I too have a totally unused coffee card from a BOGO offer. I know know to ask for an exchange for a new card.

i will be on the Sapphire next month and still have 2 of the old coffee cards. I hope they will be honored.

~Doris~

They will be honored. If the barista rejects them due to ignorance of the rules, contact the beverage manager.

Try what beg3yrs did.:)

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the images. Mine looks different and does not say anything about being good only on the voyage of purchase for complimentary coffee and tea

We purchased coffee cards on our recent Alaska cruise on the beautiful Golden Princess.

The photo below is the front side of my card:

7982617337_4cddfaf443_c.jpg

IMG_1036 by BobalinkToo, on Flickr

This photo shows the reverse side of my daughter's coffee card:

7982618339_838b30f44f_c.jpg

IMG_1035 by BobalinkToo, on Flickr

i will be on the Sapphire next month and still have 2 of the old coffee cards. I hope they will be honored.

~Doris~

I still have a King of Cups card from 2009 that I will be using up this fall. They had the BOGO Coffee Card that Cruise. My partner used his up, but now I have some left :rolleyes:

I still have a King of Cups card from 2009 that I will be using up this fall. They had the BOGO Coffee Card that Cruise. My partner used his up, but now I have some left :rolleyes:

An unused one, if you wish, can be exchanged for a new one. Otherwise, whatever you buy will be punched, including fresh brewed and hot chocolate.

New cards have the ship and voyage number on back and are only applicable on the voyage.

Not all the time. Sometimes they don't fill in the spaces.

An unused one, if you wish, can be exchanged for a new one. Otherwise, whatever you buy will be punched, including fresh brewed and hot chocolate.

Not all the time. Sometimes they don't fill in the spaces.

Just trying to clarify this post, that states the card will be punched for hot chocolate. My post states that it did not get punched.

Just trying to clarify this post, that states the card will be punched for hot chocolate. My post states that it did not get punched.

I was responding to the person who still had one of the old cards and that one gets punched for brewed as well as hot chocolate.

Hot chocolate has never required a punch.

Hot chocolate required a punch on our AK cruise in 2008. That was the reason we bought the card in the first place. They were charging for hot chocolate, so we bought a card.

The more accurate phrasing is that with the old card "hot chocolate should not have required a punch."

We found (before cards were changed to the new type) that on some ships they gave unlimited hot chocolate with the card and on some ships they required a punch each time.

On one of the ships that required the punch, we asked at multiple locations and also a supervisor and were told each time a punch was required.

Archived