Booking your next cruise while onboard

Evilgrin72

I understand you can book a future RCL or X cruise while onboard an X ship and there are some benefits to doing so. Can anyone kindly run-down what is required to do this in terms of up-front deposit and what are the benefits of booking a cruise onboard as opposed to waiting until after disembarkation? And can a cruise booked onboard be transferred to a TA or no?

Thanks in advance.

The deals offered on board do vary a bit but generally if booking less than a suite, you pay 1/2 the normal deposit....and if you book anything up to a concierge cabin, you will be bumped up two levels (within the same major category..inside, outside, balcony. If you book a C3 cabin, you will be assigned a C2. There will also be an on board credit based on the duration and type of cabin booked.

You can transfer the reservation to the travel agent of your choice within 60 days of making the reservation.

The deals offered on board do vary a bit but generally if booking less than a suite, you pay 1/2 the normal deposit....and if you book anything up to a concierge cabin, you will be bumped up two levels (within the same major category..inside, outside, balcony. If you book a C3 cabin, you will be assigned a C2. There will also be an on board credit based on the duration and type of cabin booked.

You can transfer the reservation to the travel agent of your choice within 60 days of making the reservation.

Unless it's recently changed the deposit for less than a suite is 100pp.

Just do your homework. On a different cruise line we booked a future cruise and came home 2 days later to discover that a guarantee cabin option (never offered) was $1900 less than what we booked. Cruise company came thru and rebooked us and refunded the overage but we learned our lesson. Know the pricing before you go.

We've appreciated the upgrade, low deposit, and on board credit.

In fact we usually book our next cruise while on our current one.

Don't forget, for anyone outside North America, they will have different rules on future cruises. In the UK, you pay £75 reduced deposit, regardless of stateroom category. ALso, we have to pay the full deposit amount when we confirm the ship and sail date we want.

I know that there have been lots of threads here about problems caused when booking the cruise they want, because some people do not realise they MUST use the booking number that is on your Next Cruise invoice and they just get their agent to make a completely new booking. This means you do not get the OBC or get to move the deposit as the UK won't allow this!

Don't forget, for anyone outside North America, they will have different rules on future cruises. In the UK, you pay £75 reduced deposit, regardless of stateroom category. ALso, we have to pay the full deposit amount when we confirm the ship and sail date we want.

I know that there have been lots of threads here about problems caused when booking the cruise they want, because some people do not realise they MUST use the booking number that is on your Next Cruise invoice and they just get their agent to make a completely new booking. This means you do not get the OBC or get to move the deposit as the UK won't allow this!

Our TA didnt follow the procedure when we made the booking; they had to create another reservation in the end so that our deposit was deducted. :)

Just veering off track a little - do you know when the OBC appears on your Celebrity booking?

Thank you

We booked a cruise and then decided to do a different one, once we got home. Changed our trip to a repeat of the Galapgos we had done before. I had no trouble doing that, and since it was within the 60 days, transferred it to the TA that gave us the best on board credit (which you don't need on that ship) but we can withdraw it when we get ready to leave.

Our TA didnt follow the procedure when we made the booking; they had to create another reservation in the end so that our deposit was deducted. :)

Just veering off track a little - do you know when the OBC appears on your Celebrity booking?

Thank you

My OBC was on the booking confirmation i got on the ship the day i booked.

If you are on S Class you can book a 2A and pay for a 2D. I think because there are less categories per class of cabins on M Class you can only get a 2 cat upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats exactly what i got a 2A for a 2D price. Plus $100.00 PP deposit and OBC.

She's talking about the deposit for a suite, but it's still incorrect.

Okay, I found the information for the suite deposits on my paperwork from when we booked last Nov. It could have changed since then as things sometimes do with Celebrity, but I've seen no talk of it here on the board and I keep up pretty good, especially on subjects like this. Here you go:

Suites 1-5 Nights $200USD pp, for 6-8 nights $500USD pp, for 9+ $900USD pp

This is directly from the booking form.

Archived