Any free wi-fi in Juneau/Skagway/Ketchikan?

lucywestie

I guess the title pretty much explains what I am looking for. Just enquiring if there are any cafe's/bars etc that have free wi-fi.

We are just going to be wandering Ketchikan and Skagway as its our second visit to each. Planning on checking out the end of season sales and trying to relax more than we will already be:)

The library in Juneau is beside the port. (on the top of the parking garage) I had my own Verizon 4 G LTE usb modem and I had a lot of trouble getting photos to load, etc. It was way slow.

The wi-fi in the Juneau library was so slow I gave up after awhile.

Here is a link with lots of goo info.

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/juneau.html

I tried to use the computers in the Library in Juneau this summer -- thought I was back in the dark ages with dial-up.

The written description they give you when you go to the desk says that if 10 people are on the sytem it is very slow. :eek: I could see that many people sitting around me!

In Ketchikan, there's a free wi-fi by the Ketchikan Duck tour office by Berth #3, I between the Sockeye Sams gift store & The Arctic Bar. No sitting spots though. In the same general area, The Asylum Bar (next to Burger Queen) offers free wi-fi if you buy something. There are lots of places where you can get the code by purchasing something... The Tribal House coffee shop located downtown across the street from Berth 2, The Good Coffee Company located 1 block up on Mission street. Across from Berth 4 is the 49er Bar. Lots of places!! :-)

In Ketchikan, there's a free wi-fi by the Ketchikan Duck tour office by Berth #3, I between the Sockeye Sams gift store & The Arctic Bar. No sitting spots though. In the same general area, The Asylum Bar (next to Burger Queen) offers free wi-fi if you buy something. There are lots of places where you can get the code by purchasing something... The Tribal House coffee shop located downtown across the street from Berth 2, The Good Coffee Company located 1 block up on Mission street. Across from Berth 4 is the 49er Bar. Lots of places!! :-)

We used the wifi at the Asylum Bar. Drinks are cheap -- $12 for a pitcher of beer. and they will order in food for you from the Burger Queen next door. Lots of crew there using the free wifi.

Archived