will people point and laugh at me...

jarz85

If i strap a GoPro video camera to my head when boarding the ship?? I saw someones video on youtube and it gave a cool perspective (above head height) and he was able to use both of his hands.

Maybe...but you can identify them from the video and track them down later! :D

Why not? It is your memories you want to save, not anyone elses.

Dave

I know that in FLL, the area between check in and the ship's pre boarding photo spot is posted as not allowing photos. I was quickly made aware of this when I attempted some photos going up the escalator. I would think video may be frowned on as well but it may go un noticed if you're hands free.

In all of the US debarkation ports I have been through, there are signs all over the place about photography being prohibited. This may be either a policy of the cruise line or it could even be US regulation by Homeland Security.

I am not sure of the ramifications if you go through the terminal with it being obvious that you are recording video. But be aware that there is possibly some risk to what you are attempting to do.

I had a Contour ROAM attached to my backpack strap that was recording while I boarded the Coral Princess for our Alaska cruise. No one said anything to me about it while I was filming. Granted, I do not think that anyone realized I was taping. No one laughed at me, not that I would have cared anyways. I thought the video worked out very well. You can see the example of it on the link below. It is towards the end of the video.

Tim

Port of Long Beach, CA while boarding the Viking Seranade...if signs are posted, shoot at your own risk.

Fast talking needed to convince the surly officer that taking a picture of the sign was not threatening and was actually quite funny! After showing her that this was the only picture I took and pointing out that the cruise ship photogs were snapping boarding pictures 15 feet away, I won her over on the "not threatening" argument...she never did see the "funny".

p111155182-4.jpg

Still one of my favorites!

Dave

Archived