Favorite menu item

grammyandpoppy

We all have our favorites. Please pick One appetizer, salad, soup, entree OR dessert that you absolutely love. Just pick one - no long lists.

This could be short topic after Jacque Van Staden ruined Celebrity's MDR menus within his 3 year tenure- there is now little to choose.

Please nobody choose chicken breast stuffed With Banana

Sangria in QSine

Filet migion trio in Normandy

Tuscine Onion Soup in Tuscan Grill

Chicken pot pie and pretzel sandwiches (from sandwich bar) in the buffet

Turkey dinner (usually last night) in MDR

Low fat piña colada frozen yogurt

Chocolate beignets in the am at Cafe al

Anything at Bistro on Five!

Now I really wish I was onboard ship.........

We all have our favorites. Please pick One appetizer, salad, soup, entree OR dessert that you absolutely love. Just pick one - no long lists.

Steak Tartare from Tuscan... UNBELIEVABLE

Caprese Salad... simple but wonderful.

French Onion Soup...(I know, boring, but it's just so darn yummy)

Lobster prepared table side from Murano TIED with the Lamb Shank from MDR

Dessert Souffles from Murano (get BOTH the Chocolate AND Grand Marnier and get half a spoonfull of each at the same time...taste bud NIRVANA)

I have lots of dishes I love on Celebrity in the MDR and specialty restaurants. One that stands out is the rack of lamb. Celebrity seasons differently than I've had any other place. It has a taste I really love and I haven't had any lamb that I like nearly as much in any land based restaurant - including some very highly rated restaurants.

They serve similarly seasoned dishes in the MDR and the specialty restaurants. The specialty restaurants have a little nicer cut of meat but the MDR dish is just fine.

Not for me, but DH loves Oysters Rockefeller. Our first cruise they were perfection...second cruise not just right...hoping our next cruise they will be wonderful again. For me? Anything that involves an artichoke or avocado is always good!

I've only been on one Celebrity cruise and we only ate in the MDR but I loved the Homestyle Porkchops and the Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps :) Of course, I loved the Creme Brulee although I've had better. I love to order Creme Brulee at different restaurants and then compare it. The best I've ever had is my own.:D

from our most recent cruise - best dishes were osso bucco in Blu, spanish crepe in Bistro on Five and spring rolls in Qsine. Desserts were uniformly unimpressive in Blu Im sad to say.

I have to agree with you about the desserts in Blu. I always feel like bringing them some of my recipes :p.

We have friends that we love to travel with, but they refuse to book into AquaClass because the desserts are, as you say, uniformly unimpressive. My friend is perpetually on a diet, and only gives herself permission to have desserts on vacation, so she has nothing to look forward to in Blu.

I am secretly glad that the desserts are not that tempting, but still, you'd like a little treat after dinner. I do love Blu otherwise, though.

My favourite non-Blu dish from our last cruise on the Silhouette was the "Shrimp Louis" appetizer. I loved it so much the first night, our server in the MDR arranged to have it available for me every night.

We really thought that the food in the MDR was very-good-to-excellent on the Silhouette. The cuts of meat, especially, were a great improvement over the last cruise we took where we were not sailing in Aquaclass (Eclipse, January 22, 2011).

I had no real complaints about Jacques van Staden though. I thought Elizabeth Blau was the real low point. :rolleyes:

This could be short topic after Jacque Van Staden ruined Celebrity's MDR menus within his 3 year tenure- there is now little to choose.

Please nobody choose chicken breast stuffed With Banana

We have found the new menus have very much improved the experience in the MDR from last year:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My favourite non-Blu dish from our last cruise on the Silhouette was the "Shrimp Louis" appetizer. I loved it so much the first night, our server in the MDR arranged to have it available for me every night.

We had the Shrimp Louis appetizer in June on the Millennium and I agree it was one of the best dishes we had.

from our most recent cruise - best dishes were osso bucco in Blu, spanish crepe in Bistro on Five and spring rolls in Qsine. Desserts were uniformly unimpressive in Blu Im sad to say.

That's exactly why I don't like eating in the main dining room (MDR for some of you) I'm somewhat of a picky eater. I like a lot of stuff, but It's because I might love this stuff as well, but have no idea what it is called! (With the exception of the Spring rolls). In the buffet area i can see it, and know what I want. :)

We are just back from Century and thought the food in the MDR was very good. Particularly enjoyed the shrimp cocktail, onion soup and the lamb shanks. OH loved the Oysters and the lobster. The only main course I didnt enjoy was the turkey dinner on the last night but perhaps thats as I had never tried seet potatoes before and never intend to again! The OH had a very bad new york strip as did several other members of our table

Lobster Bisque (do you think if I ask nicely they will make some for me in The MDR )

Lobster in Murano

Italian Onion Soup in Tuscan Grill

The breads on offer at dinner .

Cheese Board in Murano

Oh God only two and half more weeks to go !!!!!

Scotslizzy

Rack of lamb in the main dining room, cold fruit soups, Shrimp Louis, and breadsticks. The only really disappointing meal was a turkey dinner on one of our early X cruises. When table mates have ordered it more recently it doesn't look any more appealing than it did back then. Generally we are happy with MDR dinners and regard specialty restaurants as a treat for a special occasion. Desserts are not often exciting, but this does help with waistline control. I love desserts and if the ones on board were really tempting I would overindulge I'm sure.

Sheila

I can never get enought of the breadsticks. Just fantastic!

Lots of good dining and food options. Since we don't get paid by the words on these boards, below are some of my visuals for a few of my favorite dining options. This includes below one for our bread stick lover. Lots to enjoy on these cruises, including not having to do the work in preparing and/or cleaning up.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 102,692 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

During the galley tour, here is what can be done in an interesting way with the bread sticks. The bread options were very good on this Solstice sailing.:

SolsticeBuffetTourBreadSticks.jpg

The “Creamy Maine Lobster Bisque” is one of their most popular starter items at Murano. It is far different from what is served on the rest of the Solstice. It involves seven hours prep time for the different items. The broth is poured into your bowl with nice drama . . . and great taste. There are ten different starter options. You can have as many courses of starters as you wish. I had a second starter of Diver Scallop Wellington-Style. The warm goat cheese souffle is also a popular item here. :

MuranoLobsterBisque.jpg

My dessert choice was “Les VI Etoiles du Murano”. It is six different bite-sized desserts. My wife and I were going to share this one, but she switched for the “Grand Marnier Souffle”. I got this whole selection, but, don’t worry, I didn’t and couldn’t eat it all. Very delightful!:

Murano2DessertTimesSix.jpg

In front of where the desserts were offered at the brunch buffet in the Main Dining Room, there were three ice carvings. Nice to look at, plus sampling these treats!:

SolsticeThreeIceCarvingDesserts.jpg

From the Main Dining Room on the Solstice in June, here is one of the dishes that I enjoyed on this cruise. As I recall, it is a veal beef shank.:

SolsticeVealShankMDR.jpg

For sushi, they put together a nice variety of options and the waiter did an added sauce option that was great to test and vary the flavors. Liked it LOTS here at Silk Harvest!! Testing new things is a good value/purpose for such cruises and these types of dining options. Fun, also!!:

SolsticeSilkHarvestSushi-1.jpg

Archived