Favorite menu item

grammyandpoppy

Terry in Ohio

Thank you for posting those beautiful pictures. Cruising Mediterranean on the Equinox very soon. First time on Celebrity. I am getting more excited in anticpation by the minute. Thanks to everyone else for your list of favorites. Holly

Appreciate, Holly, your kind viewpoint on my pictures and posts. It's been fun sharing!! Glad to know you're a person of such high class, great taste and wonderful judgment to make these generous comments.

Assume you've looked through my live/blog on the sister ship to the Equinox and with many stops in the Med. If any added questions, don't be shy. Post them on that thread and I will be happy to answer any questions and share more.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 102,830 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

It's been 10 months since I stepped off my last Celebrity cruise so a lot of the specific menu items have faded into a general recollection of yumminess! I do remember really loving the chocolate-filled croissants (wrote them in on my room service breakfast menu every day we did room service,) every ice cream and sorbet I tried, every entree that was made with beef tenderloin, and all the variations on Eggs Benedict.

I'm sure there must have been SOME food items I didn't enjoy, but right now the only slight miss I can recall was a slightly dried out salmon filet from the anytime menu.

Oh man, I've been on a serious diet for most of the past 10 months and I have a feeling my cruise this year is going to put some of that weight back on me...because I am NOT going to do low-carb and low-fat while onboard! :)

I guess the starter would be a tie between the Shrimp Gumbo in the main restaurant and the Lava Crab in Qsine. For the main course it has to be M's Favourites in Qsine and for desert it would have to be the Italian Crepe from the Bistro.

One thing I love about Celebrity is the candy/sweets at the ice cream stand in the buffet area.

I guess the starter would be a tie between the Shrimp Gumbo in the main restaurant and the Lava Crab in Qsine. For the main course it has to be M's Favourites in Qsine and for desert it would have to be the Italian Crepe from the Bistro.

One thing I love about Celebrity is the candy/sweets at the ice cream stand in the buffet area.

Yes, a few afternoons I got a bowl full of jelly beans to take back to our cabin.:D

When I originally posted this topic I had no idea how many replies it would generate. Thanks everyone. We will be on the Eclipse for 14 days n December and on the Equinox for 10 days in March. That will give us a total of 24 days to enjoy your suggestions. Yum

Now if Celebrity will give us a really sweet upgrade on our March sailing for my hubby's birthday, I will really be in hog heaven! I can dream.

Thanks again

Archived