Carnival Ladies

JGB

I would like to supprise my wife with a carnival facial...they seem so expensive and promise so much(94%of wrinkles gone) I dont mind(much) paying the fee if the product is as advertised. Who has gotten this and did you feel you got what you payed for?

John

Ive never seen a ad saying they remove 94% of the wrinkles.. I would not book it for that..only if she just wants to try one.

Usually they have 25 minute port day specials.. where you pick 3 or 4 things for a set price like $79.

One of them is the facial .. plus foot massage etc..

It would be a lot cheaper to do if you can do it on a port day.

PS the regular facial is supposed to be 55 minutes, but many said they only got 50 minutes... these port specials are half the regular time..

I would like to supprise my wife with a carnival facial...they seem so expensive and promise so much(94%of wrinkles gone) I dont mind(much) paying the fee if the product is as advertised. Who has gotten this and did you feel you got what you payed for?

John

I do not know where you read this but it is a complete fabrication. There is NO cream or facial that gets rid of wrinkles. Complete waste of $$$. Spend it elsewhere.

John

That would be a great surprise for her!

I think the Carnival facials are overpriced but....a facial is a nice treat.

So, splurge on her.......

You sound like a great husband

I did the facial once. I don't recall what was "promised"...if anything.

All I know is I did not look younger...lol!

But it was relaxing, it felt good and my skin felt good too.

I probably wouldn't do it again but if it's something your wife would enjoy and you want to surprise her, then do it!

PS At the end of the thing, she kept trying to sell me products that I absolutely needed. NOT Like some kind of lotion that was around $200. Gawd..my husband would have killed me! So if you do this, make you she tells them she does not want the sales pitch at the end.

John

I would use the $$ and treat your wife to a nice dinner in the steakhouse if your ship has one, I have. Never used any of those spa services but I have seen the prices:eek: and they are way overpriced and then add on the products the try to get you to buy afterwards,but to each his own, have a great cruise!

I have sensitive skin, and my dermatologist has suggested I be "very careful" of having a facial on a cruise (or at port) due to the skin now being "ripe" for serious sunburn in an environment other than what my skin is used to.

I know I have seen some serious sunburns on trips I've taken.

John

I think surprising her is a great idea-(especially if she likes massages, facials etc) Pampering is so relaxing and spiritually healing.

I do take advantage of the ship specials--they usually put a flyer in the funtimes or have some flyers out on tables by the spa. So you could still surprise her once you get on the ship and find a nice special you like also.

But dont fall for the upsells of the products or extra services. You can even let them know when you book the services that you are not interested in any upsells and not ask your wife about them after her service is done--they can be quite persuasive. I just tell them not interested up front.

Have a great trip and I hope your wife loves her surprise.

Some of you are not reading the OP's question. He is asking if the info given to him is correct....(with anyone experiencing the facial) and yes, a facial or massage can be very relaxing....but that is not what he is asking. NO...NO...NO...94% of wrinkles are NOT removed. ZERO percent are removed. There is NO such thing other than plastic surgery.

Some of you are not reading the OP's question. He is asking if the info given to him is correct....(with anyone experiencing the facial) and yes, a facial or massage can be very relaxing....but that is not what he is asking. NO...NO...NO...94% of wrinkles are NOT removed. ZERO percent are removed. There is NO such thing other than plastic surgery.

you are correct. . I was so excited about hearing "surprise facial", I totally got off track :) But right, there is absolutely NO way they can say that--but I have never seen that claim at the Spa there either, so I am not sure where OP is seeing that.

But unless he is only looking to book to have his old wrinkly wife look 20 again :confused::rolleyes::eek:, I still say go for it and surprise her!!! She wont be less wrinkly, but she will be very relaxed and happy :D:D

I usually get a facial on every cruise. It seemed like the micro that I got last month was very short. Between the talk at the beginning & the talk at the end it was hard to gauge how long my facial was. I didn't bring a watch. If you are sunburned, be careful which treatment you select. It is very relaxing & I try to book mine late at night so I can just go to bed.

No deep tissue massages unless you are used to them. Your entire body will be sore for several days.

If you want to get her a massage, do it in port, for about 1/4 the price!

On my first cruise 4 years ago I had a facial, I think it was just called Hydrating Facial. I really enjoyed it, and did temporarily lessen wrinkles. I also fell for the products they push heavily at the end, spent about $300 on stuff that I couldn't see was any better than my usual Walgreen's brand stuff. They give you a questionaire before the facial, don't admit to any skin problems on this, that's how they focus in on what to sell you.

I did have some fun with the facial - after we got back I was showing photos of my cruise. One night after dinner my husband had his picture made with one of the female dancers in full plumed regalia. So I'd show a picture of me, and say this is how I looked before my facial. Then I'd show the photo with the dancer and say and this is how I looked after my facial! Made a few people laugh.

I think it's incredibly sweet that you want to get this for your wife. Very thoughtful.

Personally I dont care if my wife never looses a wrinkle..it is actually something she has mentioned to me(I actually listen to what she has to say):) I like to please her and make her happy..the 94% is a number I got off a fun times insert.ui

Some years ago, I got on the ship and was still stressed out physically. I got a facial that first night and that really helped me relax and enjoy the cruise. I definitely looked more relaxed and was not holding my facial muscles in such a frownie fashion -- but the wrinkles were still there.

I would do it again if I was having a hard time fully relaxing into the vacation experience....

You're sweet to be thinking of a surprise for your wife. A massage would be even more relaxing, but I don't know if she is someone who would be comfortable with that....

I would use the $$ and treat your wife to a nice dinner in the steakhouse if your ship has one, I have. Never used any of those spa services but I have seen the prices:eek: and they are way overpriced and then add on the products the try to get you to buy afterwards,but to each his own, have a great cruise!

Everyone has their own agenda.

I'd be thrilled if my husband got me a surprise spa treat!

If he wanted to go to the steakhouse I'd tell him he was wasting his $$$ (so much food available) and that eating steak is inviting a heart attack.

OP-Go for it! She may not lose her wrinkles, but she'll feel pampered (especially if she never had one before).

Archived