Attention: Princess Connoisseurs

MessyJessy

I'd choose a Med cruise and if you check the itineraries there are ones that break up the port intensive itinerary with a sea day.

You don't have to do day long ship tours in every port, do your homework. If there are shuttles to get you to city center, take those. Public transport in Europe is excellent, not a problem. I spent 18 days in Italy last fall, don't speak Italian and got along great. Rode public buses, took trolley tours, its very doable without sitting on a bus with 50 people all day.

If you've been to the Caribbean and aren't new to cruising, go for something different! I'd lean towards Princess, second choice RCI, I don't care for Celebrity and I've been on a "Millie" class ship. Way too regimented, definitely over-rated for what they offer. I was on the Summit for 12 days and I'd put that cruise near the bottom.

Food doesn't matter to me that much but I don't why everyone raves, my cruise on Brilliance of the Seas, Golden Princess or Carnival Glory had food as good or better. Buffet area was way better, more selection, flexible times. Bus loads of people came back to the Summit as they were closing and they would not stay open. Talk about customer service!

I'd go to the Med on Princess!

Susie

Just recently back from the Sun Princess - on our Alaskan trip, there were 4 nights of souffles on a 7 night cruise. Chocolate Hazelnut, Lemon/Orange, Harlequin (chocolate, strawberry and vanilla) and Passion Fruit.

I personally prefer Princess over Celebrity (I was on the Millennium).

We have been on the Sun and the Mercury, Princess and Celebrity respectively. Both were great and I am certain you will like either cruise line. Our personal favorite is Celebrity but value and itinerary are always the deciding factors for us. We prefer Celebrity food and dining room dining room service . Cannot comment on the entertainment, we find both mediocre at best.

I have elite status with both lines. You may get better food on Celebrity, but there are more balconies on Princess. CC class on Celebrity give you some things a first timer would not get on Princess. Princess has better entertainment and does better on shore excursions. Both lines have good service. Let price and value make your mind up on this. Princess is the love boat and will give you the best value.

I've traveled on Princess 8 times, last April I also did the Hawaii trip on Infinety. I found the following dislikes on the BIG X

1-Food was not as good & did't have the varity

2-From the very begining every thing was messed up with my ship board credits, they were never able to streighten them out

3- When we arrived in the room there was one bed instead of two.

4- Dusty old fabric flowers

5-Drinks cost more

6-They would only serve coffe & tea in the dinning room & buffet

7-Bingo board was small

8-Shore excurisons were not very good

9-Buffet not open 24 hours

10-Salt water pools

The trip was good because I was with good friends

PRINCESS IS WHERE I BELONG

No question. Go with Princess. I have sailed with them quite a few times. IM just back off of Celebrity, and a little disappointed. The food was no better than on Princess. The service was no better. Princess is more suited to your age group. The atmosphere on Celebrity was stuffy(for no apparent reason) They bill theirself as a cut above, which they are not. I saw a great many people on board that bought into that load of garbage. Yes indeed, everywhere you turned you found royalty. Good luck on your voyage.

Archived