Favorite place in San Francisco for appetizers

• 2 weeks later...

I ditto the above.a lot to see in the ferry building.also a lot of great food.If you like oysters there is an oyster bar with fresh oysters from up the coast.there is also a lot of food as you walk along fisherman's warf. Enjoy your trip.

• 3 weeks later...

Pier 23 Cafe is good...they have great bloody mary's and it's a good San Francisco locals place. Outside seating by the bay as well if it's a nice day. I always take a jacket to the City tho. You just never know. Can be beautiful all around the City but the foggy days can make all the difference in the world :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Without a doubt. Fisherman's Wharf is excellent for taking photos -but, there is nothing you want to eat here. Much better offerings elsewhere where the quality and price will be MUCH better.

Slanted Door is one of my favorites - what most folks don't know, you can sit at the bar and order from the menu. OR, go to their "take out" shop called "Out The Door" - same food and get a bench on the waterfront.

I love the Wine shop in Ferry Building if vino is on your list.

Cowgirl creamery is amazing too. I could go on ...

• 3 years later...
Without a doubt. Fisherman's Wharf is excellent for taking photos -but, there is nothing you want to eat here. Much better offerings elsewhere where the quality and price will be MUCH better.

Slanted Door is one of my favorites - what most folks don't know, you can sit at the bar and order from the menu. OR, go to their "take out" shop called "Out The Door" - same food and get a bench on the waterfront.

I love the Wine shop in Ferry Building if vino is on your list.

Cowgirl creamery is amazing too. I could go on ...

I love the Ferry Building.

Since this topic is 5 years old I am guessing the original poster already selected a spot..... that being said, Scoma's would a pick of mine, so would the Crab House at Pier 39.

While I love the Ferry Building and especially the Slanted Door, that is a mile away.

Edited by scottca075

Since this topic is 5 years old I am guessing the original poster already selected a spot..... that being said, Scoma's would a pick of mine, so would the Crab House at Pier 39.

While I love the Ferry Building and especially the Slanted Door, that is a mile away.

Not from the new Cruise Terminal....

:cool::cool: