Family cabin choice

beachfanatic

They are both very nice. My vote goes for the corner FV cabins which have the bigger balcony (and the bigger cabin). The view from the corner balcony is so expansive that I never even notice the solid wall.

Writing this from a corner FV on the Summit in Quebec. Have been on them several times and I'm sorry to say this one is now tired and needs help. Broken mirrors, doors that can hardly be opened, shabby Throughout. Sofas in 2nd bedroom are broken. No table in the cabin. Closet and cabinet doors stick. This has been our favorite class ship of all time and it hurts me to write this and I'm not sure I'd sail them again. I don't like the solstice class cabins or dining rooms at all and won't sail them. It looks like the end of an era.

Writing this from a corner FV on the Summit in Quebec. Have been on them several times and I'm sorry to say this one is now tired and needs help. Broken mirrors, doors that can hardly be opened, shabby Throughout. Sofas in 2nd bedroom are broken. No table in the cabin. Closet and cabinet doors stick. This has been our favorite class ship of all time and it hurts me to write this and I'm not sure I'd sail them again. I don't like the solstice class cabins or dining rooms at all and won't sail them. It looks like the end of an era.

Hopefully you have filled out the "attention to detail" card or had a conversation with the head Housekeeper?

Broken mirrors, broken sofas, etc are not acceptable.

How is the balcony furniture?

Are there loungers?

That's sad to hear. I'd be asking to speak to the Hotel Director.

Phil

Wow - that is really unacceptable. Some wear and tear is one thing but that sounds like it is in a real need of serious repair. I definitely would also speak to the Hotel Director or someone high up - some of those things sound like items they could possibly fix during your cruise (like the sofa, the table, maybe the problem with sliding doors). Very disappointing to hear.

My goodness that's a lot to have to deal with. Yes, wear and tear is one thing but what you are dealing with is waaay beyond wear and tear.

Archived