Live from the Poesia.

papcx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

The DW is driving me nuts planning the outfits for our next cruise IN SEVEN MONTHS TIME!

Can anyone give me the full details of the Laundry Service onboard MSC ships.

From my memory it was a certain no. of items for a certain €s.

Is it right you can give items as you need to (ie. not all at once)

How soon do the items come back?

Thanks in advance,

Papcx ......

From my memory it was a certain no. of items for a certain €s. ... Yes

Is it right you can give items as you need to (ie. not all at once) Yes usually come back next day unless you pay more to get them back same day from what i can recall.

Pretty sure Kadek was our cabin steward once on a NCL cruise. Small world. He was awesome!

Kadek did say he'd worked on other lines. He said MSC was the best for pay, time off etc, but maybe he just had to say that. Was also working towards promotions in the bars on Poesia.

We miss Kadek and Julius everyday, it sucks having to pour your own drinks, and it's currently thunder and lighting in Manchester :(

Maybe we'll see one of them on the Musica. Only 217 short days to go!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I've just watched a really good programme on the systems onboard the Royal Caribbean Allure of the seas. Looking at the ship there is a huge H (A helicopter pad) at the front, which reminded me of something that happened on the last day of our Poesia cruise.

On the pool deck, just by the pirana bar next to the doors to go inside there was a picture of the ship. This picture had a text box overlayed indicating there was a helipad in the middle of the ship, on the walkway above the Mojito bar.

Obviously this isn't the case as nothing could land there, or any area of the ship. Does anybody know were there plans originally for a helipad?

Cheers,

Hi guys.

I've just watched a really good programme on the systems onboard the Royal Caribbean Allure of the seas. Looking at the ship there is a huge H (A helicopter pad) at the front, which reminded me of something that happened on the last day of our Poesia cruise.

On the pool deck, just by the pirana bar next to the doors to go inside there was a picture of the ship. This picture had a text box overlayed indicating there was a helipad in the middle of the ship, on the walkway above the Mojito bar.

Obviously this isn't the case as nothing could land there, or any area of the ship. Does anybody know were there plans originally for a helipad?

Cheers,

WOW! Never noticed. Good eyes...

• 3 weeks later...

Okay guys - check out the signature!

Live from the Poesia may have been last year, but watch out for: -

Live from the Opera.

Live from the Musica.

Live from the Armonia.

Wow, by the time of final payment date for Armonia, you are probably in line for a 20% black member discount...

I usually choose baed on the itinerary, companion and date, rarely specific cruiseline. Having said that, MSC does have more interesting Europoean itineraries and if you like their style, good value for money.

Wow, by the time of final payment date for Armonia, you are probably in line for a 20% black member discount...

I usually choose baed on the itinerary, companion and date, rarely specific cruiseline. Having said that, MSC does have more interesting Europoean itineraries and if you like their style, good value for money.

The prices were paying, it would have been rude to say no!

We haven't really choose them because there MSC, just the itinaries, at bargain prices.

papcx .... The area you refer to on Poesia is for the helicopter to land the winchman and any equipment needed to take a passenger off the ship.

I think i am right in thinking that all RCI ships have the helicopter deck on the Bow of the ship i know that Mariner and Oasis have, i remember sitting on a bench at the side of the one on the Mariner.

The area you refer to on Poesia is for the helicopter to land the winchman and any equipment needed to take a passenger off the ship.

Yeah. Makes sense I suppose, can't land a helicopter, but can place remove something on board.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Thank you for your kind words. I really enjoyed posting my blog and I can't believe it's still going almost 3 weeks after getting home!

We'd booked this cruise, if I'm honest a little quickly as it was a great price, and after a little research I was a little bit concerned by some of the reviews. I then thought doing a "live" blog would be a good idea as I could give my opinions/emotions as it happened.

Overall our cruise was superb! Yes, a couple of things happened that would have been better if they hadn't, but by not dwelling on them we were able to enjoy the next excellent occurrence when it came along, and there were many.

If people have benefited from my writing then that's all for the better.

p.s. I wonder were Zebra will play their sets?

Regards,

Will be taking first MSC cruise in November 2014, your review was great as I was a bit concerned by some others I have read. Thanks again.

Will be taking first MSC cruise in November 2014, your review was great as I was a bit concerned by some others I have read. Thanks again.

Hi mbegin.

Thanks for the kind words. It's good to know what I wrote is helping others 18 months after the event.

Your cruise won't be perfect, but don't sweet the small stuff (unless you can't do without a wrap-round promenade or front observation deck!)

MSC treat you great onboard, the pre-cruise customer service just needs to catch up now.

Which ship / when are you sailing?