Kudos to Carnival

bearnuts

My feelings exactly. I cannot for the life of me understand why so many people care what I wear. Do they get upset if they see someone dressed in shorts, sleeveless t-shirts when they go to O'Charlies or Outback? I 'm on vacation and don't want to dress up for dinner much less lunch. Get a life and enjoy your cruise...

So what is your intolerance level? If someone uses foul language is it ok with you while you eat? Maybe if someone is stumbling drunk and spills something on you? Coughs, sneezes and wipes their sputum/snot on your back? Oogles at your spouse to the point it makes them uncomfortable? There are places that you'd expect some bad manners or behavior the MDR is not one of them. Unless you don't care, then don't gripe when all others ignore your sensibilities.

We also believe that this is about looking at hairy armpits and wondering if anything had fallen across the table when they were reaching for the salt and pepper while eating either in the MDR or even the Lido......eew:eek: :eek:

I do not remember the people on RCL looking any better than Carnival people and I do not see why you thought that was funny to put on the Carnival board.

I thought it was kind of funny! I spend a bit of time on the Royal boards and I do jump on people over there when they bring out the old and tiresome crap about Carnival especially when I check their cruise history and find not a single Carnival cruise.

My feelings exactly. I cannot for the life of me understand why so many people care what I wear. Do they get upset if they see someone dressed in shorts, sleeveless t-shirts when they go to O'Charlies or Outback? I 'm on vacation and don't want to dress up for dinner much less lunch. Get a life and enjoy your cruise...

I'm not even sure where to go with this comment. I go to Outback quite a bit but have never seen sleeveless shirts in there. Must be considered appropriate wear in MS.

I agree...I don't care to see anyone's hairy armpits nor do I care to see anyone ( i don't care what size/shape you are in) in your swimsuit in the buffet area without shirt/cover up and shoes. GROSS!

There are restrooms accessible outside, therefore no need to even enter the buffet area unless you are eating or getting a drink. and if so, take a minute to throw on shoes and a coverup.

Yes, I care what people wear around me. Do I let it ruin my vacation? Nope, but I'll come back here to these boards and talk about you. :p

I agree...I don't care to see anyone's hairy armpits nor do I care to see anyone ( i don't care what size/shape you are in) in your swimsuit in the buffet area without shirt/cover up and shoes. GROSS!

There are restrooms accessible outside, therefore no need to even enter the buffet area unless you are eating or getting a drink. and if so, take a minute to throw on shoes and a coverup.

Yes, I care what people wear around me. Do I let it ruin my vacation? Nope, but I'll come back here to these boards and talk about you. :p

Agree 100%. Mirrors are our friends, use them. :)

Maybe ladies shouldn't have hootchie skirts or shorts either. If I want cottage cheese, I'll order some.

They shouldn't! Everyone should be dressed appropriately. Not saying men should have tuxes on formal night but they should be dressed in nice slacks and shirts. Women, too, should be appropriately covered. Leave the beach attire for the beach, please, or eat on the Lido deck.

EXCELLENT post!

I agree with you up to a certain point. If the evening dress code is formal and you want to wear shorts then go to the lido deck and eat that night.

To the original poster......hopefully we never cruise together because I wear shorts to the dining room at dinner time :eek: OMG I know. Let the bashing begin.......I look at it this way. I paid for MY vacation and I am going to wear what makes me comfortable :p

I could not have put it better myself. Well said. Too many snobby comments on here

I could not have put it better myself. Well said. Too many snobby comments on here

Not sure if everyone is reading the same thread. I did not see anything about shorts in the dining room (maybe mention of formal night). No comments about it should go back to way it was before or anything like that.

The thread was about clothing that is not permitted in the dining room. None of us on this board wrote the dress policy so we can hardly be called snobs.

I have to share this. On one cruise a few years ago, my DS (who was still in College at that time) and his friend decided to join me and my husband for breakfast in the MDR. They had slept in every morning for the entire cruise so this was his first time in the MDR for breakfast. Just when he sat down one of the ladies informed him that he needed to put on a different shirt, (he had a tank top on). He did not argue but got up and said he will be back in a few minutes. When he came back he was dressed in his tux, scarf and hat. We all had a good laugh including the ladies at the desk. I am sure they shared that story with many people. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff...:)

I have to share this. On one cruise a few years ago, my DS (who was still in College at that time) and his friend decided to join me and my husband for breakfast in the MDR. They had slept in every morning for the entire cruise so this was his first time in the MDR for breakfast. Just when he sat down one of the ladies informed him that he needed to put on a different shirt, (he had a tank top on). He did not argue but got up and said he will be back in a few minutes. When he came back he was dressed in his tux, scarf and hat. We all had a good laugh including the ladies at the desk. I am sure they shared that story with many people. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff...:)

Thanks for the laugh. Would have loved to see this.

I understand swim suits. That is a health issue. Other stuff who cares. More for me to talk about. LOL

Amen.... I sure do not want to be eating with someone who looks like they are smuggling Chubaka under each arm....

talk about a health hazard....you don't want to find one of those "hairs" in your soup....

the shame is that the clientele has to be told to cover up the hairy arm pits in the first place....

I agree with you 100% with hairy armpit,I could not eat either,I can't even go in the pool with 300 pound men in a speedo and with the women wearing a little swimsuit with their bottom hair hanging out,

I didn't know there was a dress code for lunch... and is that breakfast also ? I don't care either way.. wish when most guys have dress shirts and long slacks at dinner in the MDR .. and in comes the shorts and Tee shirts... Be asked to leave until dressed as the night calls for.:o

I think a lot of people are blaming the OP for your post. No matter how much you dislike shorts in the MDR, if Y O U read the dress code, shorts on men and women A R E allowed at dinner except on elegant nights.

Your post doesn't differentiate and there is no reason for anyone who is wearing the appropriate shorts should be asked to leave and change clothes. Now, the tee shirt is something different.

These are my feelings too. I do care. But its not going to ruin my vacation.

As a matter of fact some of the ones who can't abide by the rules or code of conduct go into my vacation album. I have been known to create my own hits and misses of vacation page kinda like some of the magazines do only mine have no black bars over the face and aren't out there for everyone to see. This doesn't just apply to dress code issues either.

I think everyone has to follow the rules and I will abide by them all the time but I will say the rule is a bit sexist. I have seen PLENTY of women wearing things that are DEFINITELY not appropriate and just as bad as a guy wearing a tank with hairy armpits.

I have seen very heavy women sweating all over the place in tops that would make a preacher blush and reach over the table dripping who know what... appropriate?? obviously not but the short skimpy top with armpits blazing and sweating is allowed.

For example... if a women did not shave her armpits and were as hairy as a mans, would she be allowed in? yes, because there is no rule that states she cant.

I would NOT wear a tank to the MDR whether in the rules or not but it is a sexist rule.

If you make a condition it should be enforced or you should remove the condition. If Carnival wants to set a dress code for their dining room, it is their right. However, if they do not want to enforce it they should not have a dress code.

If I disagree with the rule, I can eat somewhere else, not sail Carnival or do my best to get the condition changed.

I’m not a sun lover so I could not care less about getting a deck chair but I still the 30 minute rule should be enforced. I don’t smoke but I also don’t mind being around smokers however they should smoke where it is designated.

It drives me crazy when conditions are not enforced. If it alright to break this rule why shouldn’t I also ignore that rule. It is my vacation, I paid for it and I will wear what I want regardless is an uncivilized attitude.

I do not “notice” things like clothing, weight, décor. So what you wear won’t ruin my vacation. But I am happy to hear that Carnival is enforcing their own conditions.

This is perfectly said

Archived