My Time Dining??

exercisemama

Adding on additional question -

If you have MTD, will they sit you with other groups? We are a couple going and usually like to meet other people during meals...

They will give you that option yes! My friend & I were seated with 2 sisters who were traveling together from the Phillipines...we had a pleasant dinner & enjoyed running into them at various times on the ship...other nights we had a table for 2...but those tables are also very close together so there is usually some conversation back & forth between other tables as well...MTD is the best of both worlds for me...I get to be waited on & enjoy my meal in the MDR...but if I don't feel like making small talk I don't have to...

MTD is fantastic, we love it. We also thought when we first tried it that we would miss the large group table. Found out after talking to people all day (we are both very people friendly) that we loved relaxing at dinner alone, ate at our pace, and enjoyed each other. We will never go back to any other type of dining, MTD works so well with us. We can eat when we want. Perfect

My DH and I are signed up for early dining. Just wondering if it is better to have MTD so that you aren't limited to a certain time if you are running late.

My suggestion, then, is to sign up for MTD now, before you even get onboard. You will pre-pay your gratuities, but there's nothing wrong with that because then they are all taken care of, no worries. You do not have to make a reservation for MTD for each night; you can just go to the dining room when you want to eat and you will be seated as soon as possible. Also, don't count out the Windjammer for dinner; it has a very nice atmosphere at night and is casual and relaxing, with dimmed lighting and cutlery and tablecloths. Very nice, especially on Radiance-class ships with the outdoor aft seating.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I didn't realize that there are certain sections in the MDR reserved for MTD people! I like the idea of eating when we want and not having to go the the MDR every night. would also like the chance to meet others at dinner too.

may want to try the mystery dinner as well!!

I have booked my time dining for 6:30 each night, from reading these posts does that mean that I can go to the MDR at any time or am I only able to go at 6:30.

If you wish to go at a time other than the one you reserved, you should call and ask that your reservation for a particular evening or evenings be changed to the time you want. We did so on our Jewel TA and were able to adjust our dining schedule on those evenings when it seemed best to do so and we were even able to have the same table and same excellent wait staff every evening. On other cruises we have made no advance reservations and just showed up each evening when it best fit our schedule and experienced no measurable delays in being seated.

When can you make your MTD reservations online? I don't see it as available for booking right now when I log in to my cruise.

If you sign into my cruises, then under your overview if you roll down, you'll see Pre-Cruise Planner and then My time Dining Daily reservations.

I just tried to look for our 2-23-13 cruise and it's currently coming up as an unavailable website. So, it may not be open yet, or once again they are working on the computer system.

Susan :)

Archived