new shops on Eclipse

shoreham01

Does anyone have any news regarding the new shops on the Eclipse? Are they all high end stores or is there something far less expensive to tempt customers unable to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on clothing and jewellery? I love shopping, but was unable to purchase anything from the shops on our last Eclipse cruise. I

I certainly would not consider paying the prices asked for Celebrity merchandise, why should I pay over the top to advertise for them.

Does anyone have any news regarding the new shops on the Eclipse? Are they all high end stores or is there something far less expensive to tempt customers unable to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on clothing and jewellery? I love shopping, but was unable to purchase anything from the shops on our last Eclipse cruise. I

I certainly would not consider paying the prices asked for Celebrity merchandise, why should I pay over the top to advertise for them.

Hi Shoreham,

I'm sure that Celebrity continues to have a mix of both high end merchandise, as well as normal items most cruisers purchase, such as gifts & logo merchandise. They would be crazy to shut out guests not looking to make a large purchase. The question is, will the new vendor offer items that are more pleasing than what was offered since the S-Class made it's debut. I've collected Cruise memorabilia (mostly Celebrity) for years, and I haven't been able to find much worth purchasing in a very long time.

Hopefully, recent guests will share their insights on the new shops.

The company that now managers the shops is the same company that operates the shops on the M Class ships. The items are basically the same as before except the "high end" jewelry shop carries more Effy and Mikimoto. Logo and cosmetic shops carry the same types of items as before.

It seems like there are always inexpensive stuff for sale on the ship, with lots of "clearance", "close out" and "final" sales on cheap t-shirts, watches and various other junk.

On our Eclipse cruise last March they had a "sidewalk sale" the last couple sea days with tons of junk to shop for, and there were loads of people looking at it all too:

IMG8050-M.jpg

But if you're looking for higher quality merchandise they do have some but there are not likely to be low prices and bargains on on the good stuff. Exceptions are some cosmetics and perfume which my DW has found are sometimes at slightly discounted prices.

It seems like there are always inexpensive stuff for sale on the ship, with lots of "clearance", "close out" and "final" sales on cheap t-shirts, watches and various other junk.

On our Eclipse cruise last March they had a "sidewalk sale" the last couple sea days with tons of junk to shop for, and there were loads of people looking at it all too:

IMG8050-M.jpg

But if you're looking for higher quality merchandise they do have some but there are not likely to be low prices and bargains on on the good stuff. Exceptions are some cosmetics and perfume which my DW has found are sometimes at slightly discounted prices.

We are from the UK and for us even the prices in close out and clearance are more than we would pay for the same or better over here.

I can only compare with Princess where there are 10 dollar sales, and at the end of the cruise sometimes even cheaper prices.

Oh well, DH will be delighted

We are from the UK and for us even the prices in close out and clearance are more than we would pay for the same or better over here.

I can only compare with Princess where there are 10 dollar sales, and at the end of the cruise sometimes even cheaper prices.

Oh well, DH will be delighted

They also have the $10 sales on Celebrity.

On Solstice recently (27 August) they held the $10 sale and several other specials. Some were held in Qasar..... an interesting use for it!!!! and the staff put out a cordon barrier to keep the line in order. We went to see 40 minutes after the start and the place was a madhouse, people pushing and grabbing 10-12 watch gift sets discounted from $80 to $20, great bargains I am sure, but not a good experience.

Archived