Back from my 1st Carnaval cruise

cblzaccie

5 days on the Ecstasy. hitting freeport, Nasau and half moon cay. went with 7 other people.

wow, had a great time, it was great, the ship is an older ship but it had plenty to do, it didnt break down , or sink :) the craw, however, they made it.

Super impressed with my cabin Steward Ben, took the time to check in and ask how my day was, chat with me, anything i needed he was right on it, fun and friendly, great, made my limited time i spent in the cabin area fun.

Next Winie and his team in the dining room, friendly , prompt courteous attentive, pleasant, ended up chatting to him about life working on board, what amazed me is that from the 1st day he remembered my name, my preferences, also so did the wine waiter, she knew my name, what type of wine i liked and was always ready with a suggestion fitting my tastes. considering we had my time dining and there were over 1000 guests, i was majorly impressed.

LOL anyone met with "Joseph, the supercharged matra de " :) what a character.

I took the time to chat with crew from the officers down to the lowly grey overall maintenance guys and the t-shirt wearing helpers that have to spend 10 hours a day vacuuming the same area of carpet as guest s bring sand in from the beach at half moon cay or drop food as they walk past, and the all do it with a smile and a friendly word. AMAZING.

The Food: ok if you go on a cruise like this and expect the same a a $200 a plate top streak house then you have got your prices wrong, go book a royal suite on the QE2 at $15,000 then you will get that. that said, i had no problem with the food, i have eatern in many restaurants good and bad and this was the same as a mid priced restaurant. No awards will be given for the food but i sure wouldn't be turning it down. plus the AMOUNT of food. thank got for the amazing gym on the top deck.

food was everywhere, and drinks a plenty as well, lemonade and coffee were my staples of the cruise.

the bbq on the island was great as well.

the shows on board could have been a little more varied but defiantly always something to do and if you did want some alone time the tv provided several good movie channels.

cabins, i got an interior cabin, cause , lets face it im not there to stay in a cabin all day, its to sleep , shower and maybe do a little down time in, it was spacious, the bathroom had enough room, it was just right.

ok, so im a 1st time cruiser so i havnt compared the others but i was highly satisfied with the ship and thought i defiantly got my moneys worth and then some.

oh, internet on board: not the speeds i have at home but fast enough to have a 2 way skype conversation for 30 mins with no problems. plus remote into a server and fix a problem ( yeah i had to work a bit )

i already put down a deposit on the next cruise, i want to try the carnival dream this time.

zac

5 days on the Ecstasy. hitting freeport, Nasau and half moon cay. went with 7 other people.

wow, had a great time, it was great, the ship is an older ship but it had plenty to do, it didnt break down , or sink :) the craw, however, they made it.

Super impressed with my cabin Steward Ben, took the time to check in and ask how my day was, chat with me, anything i needed he was right on it, fun and friendly, great, made my limited time i spent in the cabin area fun.

Next Winie and his team in the dining room, friendly , prompt courteous attentive, pleasant, ended up chatting to him about life working on board, what amazed me is that from the 1st day he remembered my name, my preferences, also so did the wine waiter, she knew my name, what type of wine i liked and was always ready with a suggestion fitting my tastes. considering we had my time dining and there were over 1000 guests, i was majorly impressed.

LOL anyone met with "Joseph, the supercharged matra de " :) what a character.

I took the time to chat with crew from the officers down to the lowly grey overall maintenance guys and the t-shirt wearing helpers that have to spend 10 hours a day vacuuming the same area of carpet as guest s bring sand in from the beach at half moon cay or drop food as they walk past, and the all do it with a smile and a friendly word. AMAZING.

The Food: ok if you go on a cruise like this and expect the same a a $200 a plate top streak house then you have got your prices wrong, go book a royal suite on the QE2 at $15,000 then you will get that. that said, i had no problem with the food, i have eatern in many restaurants good and bad and this was the same as a mid priced restaurant. No awards will be given for the food but i sure wouldn't be turning it down. plus the AMOUNT of food. thank got for the amazing gym on the top deck.

food was everywhere, and drinks a plenty as well, lemonade and coffee were my staples of the cruise.

the bbq on the island was great as well.

the shows on board could have been a little more varied but defiantly always something to do and if you did want some alone time the tv provided several good movie channels.

cabins, i got an interior cabin, cause , lets face it im not there to stay in a cabin all day, its to sleep , shower and maybe do a little down time in, it was spacious, the bathroom had enough room, it was just right.

ok, so im a 1st time cruiser so i havnt compared the others but i was highly satisfied with the ship and thought i defiantly got my moneys worth and then some.

oh, internet on board: not the speeds i have at home but fast enough to have a 2 way skype conversation for 30 mins with no problems. plus remote into a server and fix a problem ( yeah i had to work a bit )

i already put down a deposit on the next cruise, i want to try the carnival dream this time.

zac

My 1st Carnival cruise was the Sensation which is an older boat like you did with the ecstasy. Then I did the Dream and loved it...you'll love it as well :D.

Yes, nice sounding indeed. Everything it appears was perfect. We always strike out of personal staff, 3 cruises and all 3 room stewards were shy or distant, non ever said hello or knew our names. Of the 3 head waiters we have had, one said Hello and greeted us by name. My wife is always jealous when folks we cruise with talk about their steward or waiter by their first names, the wifes a chatty person and we always get skunked with the depressed looking staff.

Keep cruising, we are currently scouting our next cruise for Winter 2014...financially next years trip just wont happen.

So glad you had a great first cruise!!!! My friend Kim was on the same cruise and got back yesterday and said she had a great time! :)

What did you do on the islands?

freeport there wasn't too much,

Nassau we rented scooters and rode the island, saw the locals , went to atlantis, ate at wendys in town ans starbucks. just explored.

Half moon cay: Took out one of the small sail catamarans they had, had a great time, the BBQ they do is great.

I am glad you had a great time. I urge you to try a balcony room some time. You might change your mind about whether it's worth the extra money, you might not.

We just got home Sunday from our first Carnival cruise. We didn't book onboard but bought vouchers for another cruise soon.

Archived