"Italy’s ark" or My review of Navigator of the Seas(pics;NOS Eastern Med sail Sep 23)

Verfai

we did this cruise in May and loved it yes its Italian themed but that just added to our experience, lots for Italian food, music and pretty girls ;),

Sorry I've not read all your review as its driving me mad on the size the screen is all over the place.

Jason

we did this cruise in May and loved it yes its Italian themed but that just added to our experience, lots for Italian food, music and pretty girls ;),

Sorry I've not read all your review as its driving me mad on the size the screen is all over the place.

Jason

What Italian food!? All the food is the same as on any Royal Caribbean ship!? Except for some free will of the chef, there was one Italian night for dinner (the second formal night) and that is the day that everything went wrong in the MDR…Still have to get there. You are entitled to your opinion but if you can’t take the mouse one centimeter to the right to read so can actually get what I meant by the Italian overtake of this cruise, I cant help that CC is Vbulitin version in stuck in past time, these are copy paste from FB…I am not going to recrop everything, it will take ages, and I am taking the time to post a full review of a cruise which is not plentufull on NOS on these boards.

Hey there Verf, your turn to write a review... YEY! ;)

Isn't it funny how we had almost none of the same problems you did? What a difference three months makes! :confused:

Maybe we'll cruise together sometime, then we can have a competition whose review gets more readers :D:p

We were on Navigator last month and while we had no problems with the cleanliness, we did feel the overwhelming focus was definitely on the Italian cruisers. TBH, we were quite disappointed with Simona, the CD, as we felt she didn't mix and mingle with the other passengers. This was especially evident at some of the top tier events. On the other hand, the Captain was lovely and tried his utmost to engage where possible.

The strange thing is we did the exact same itinerary on Navigator last October and that cruise had definitely a different feel to it. We felt this cruise was very similar to a cruise we did on Liberty during Easter week, however that was catered towards the 85% of Spanish people on board. I'm sure this would be the case sailing from Southampton, the majority being British (btw, it's one reason we do not sail from the UK as we prefer a mix of nationalities). Perhaps it's due to interporting that the ratios have suddenly changed :confused:

Btw, great review and the photos are bringing back some lovely memories. Just need a pic of the afternoon tea: scones with jam & cream......my favourite :D.

We are not top tier yet, next cruise we will be :D cant wait. But indeed Simona is worthless! Example: She showed up on the final day during the karaoke final, did not bother to do anything as she was there for the bye bye party for the Italians…Not one word to others.

We look for a party atmosphere at night, on LOS in the catacombs is was always modern music, as was the white party, plenty of other venues for other music….Here it was the Latin hour day in day out wherever you were, whit those same 10 songs that I heard for 5000000000 times during the cruise...brrrrrr. A lot depends on what you look for, for us this was wrong.

Sry no picture of tea time :D

Hey there Verf, your turn to write a review... YEY! ;)

Isn't it funny how we had almost none of the same problems you did? What a difference three months makes! :confused:

Maybe we'll cruise together sometime, then we can have a competition whose review gets more readers

Oh no I am not competing with you :D….You win comes to mind

My best guess is that the crew is sick of this itinerary ….I did not see a lot of extra tipping, even not from Americans. But the service was so basic there was no reason to do so.

But really the ship was dirty and I would have loved to have seen how you would have worded finding pubic hair in your bathroom :D

I would love to cruise with a beautiful woman like you, but only with the full package including your mother that is :p lol :D

What Italian food!? All the food is the same as on any Royal Caribbean ship!?

We found,

The food was different to the Indy and we did both ships in two weeks.

For starters the Promenade cafe was all Italian based snacks.

MDR there was Italian dishes every night that were not on the Indy the week before.

WJ had lots of different dishes compared to the Indy.

Jason

My best guess is that the crew is sick of this itinerary ….I did not see a lot of extra tipping, even not from Americans. But the service was so basic there was no reason to do so.

I agree on this one, we had a few issues with noise in our cabin deck 10 under the WJ which took longer than expected to sort out, but we really enjoyed the NOS would go back again.

Jason

great photos

Keep it coming! Brings back some wonderful memories of our NOS Eastern Med from last summer. And I really like seeing the photos.

We really loved NOS! Saw our Aft Balcony in a couple of photos.

I've been waiting with baited breath for your review and photos. Thanks for sharing. Such a shame about the state of Navigator. So different to our sailing on Mariner which was only a few weeks ago out of the same port.

I see you're moving up the cabin ladder! You'll be in a GS next :D Glad you enjoyed the space in your JS though.

I await the next instalments!

Glad you are enjoying it, Pete some day we will meet on a ship and would love to book a GS next time ;)

Keep it coming! Brings back some wonderful memories of our NOS Eastern Med from last summer. And I really like seeing the photos.

We really loved NOS! Saw our Aft Balcony in a couple of photos.

I have an aft on the Navigator in December -- on deck 7. I've never had one before. Please tell me I won't be disappointed.

But really the ship was dirty and I would have loved to have seen how you would have worded finding pubic hair in your bathroom :D

I would love to cruise with a beautiful woman like you, but only with the full package including your mother that is :p lol :D

Ahem... how about we do a cruise together, you plant one in my bathroom and you might just find out :D:D

(Did I really just say that out loud...someone might report me soon)

You already are cruising with a beautiful woman, you cheeky monkey. You really need two more?? ;)

Ahem... how about we do a cruise together, you plant one in my bathroom and you might just find out :D:D

(Did I really just say that out loud...someone might report me soon)

You already are cruising with a beautiful woman, you cheeky monkey. You really need two more?? ;)

Consider it done, you are on Allure soon so watch for it :p And I make it a hobby to have fun with strange woman….Oh dear now we will both be reported for sure as swingers :p (gigidi)

We found,

The food was different to the Indy and we did both ships in two weeks.

For starters the Promenade cafe was all Italian based snacks.

MDR there was Italian dishes every night that were not on the Indy the week before.

WJ had lots of different dishes compared to the Indy.

Jason

We were just off the Splendour sailing from Venice. Yes, in the MDR, the food is the same on all the ships, but in the Windjammer we found lots of local items. There was a carving station for all sorts of local meats and cheeses. When we were in Greece, they had a station of local Greek breads and pastries. We actually liked the variety in the Windjammer better than the same old menu for the MDR. Also, at the beverage station, they had hot milk for your coffee.

Ali

At night it was the white party, first we did the C&A welcome back party as pre dinner drinks (we did warmup before in the cosmopolitan bar, as you should always prepare and train well for any event). I have to say, here again a lot of people were wearing white and I am not talking about the socks of the Americans.

For dinner we had a reservation at chops, it was goooooooooooooooooooood, that red velvet cake is really to die for (FYI I asked for a small piece).

423754_10151220149551203_481003463_n.jpg

225853_10151220149391203_235146631_n.jpg

281111_10151220149966203_722022968_o.jpg

561006_10151220150146203_220958804_n.jpg

422795_10151220150286203_1654614955_n.jpg

Great review, thanks so much for taking the time to post it. I like that it makes the readers feel that we are right there. :)

And thanks for the photos too. The one below made me think Bond...James Bond... with his 007 towel animal LOL :D

132546_10151220082031203_1369997510_o.jpg

The white party, pool deck…You can guess it probably, here we go with the latin hour AGAIN, the same 10 songs and the same 20 people (read girls, as a previous poster posted and was correct) dancing…

Went to see if there was some livelihood in the Dungeon, however we were not allowed to enter due to that it was a teen (12-17) night till 1am…

After the hour of latin dancing (zzzzzzzzz) they stated to play some modern music, but as we had an excursion to Athens the day after, we called it a night.

193011_10151220151046203_68915689_o.jpg

264260_10151220154301203_1494475904_n.jpg

621512_10151220154981203_1836207552_o.jpg

327920_10151220155236203_1690638908_o.jpg

267074_10151220154106203_668184161_o.jpg

Great review, thanks so much for taking the time to post it. I like that it makes the readers feel that we are right there. :)

And thanks for the photos too. The one below made me think Bond...James Bond... with his 007 towel animal LOL :D

LOOOOOOOOL And dont even remember what I was thinking at that time, just like the look on my face, pure evil lool, somthing a clockwork orange or 007 indeed :p

Thanks

Day05: Athens and the Acropolis visit

Next morning we had booked the Acropolis visit excursion with the ship, which were very grateful for as there was a strike going on in Greece which would have effected public transportation…Later on apparently the strike did not really have an effect.

The tour was nice, but went to fast in my opinion, the entrance to the Acropolis is so narrow when there are to many people there it is just to over crowed. We just made a joke amongst each other that this was just one great Greek tragedy….One hour extra to the tour would have been grate and would have made things more relaxed.

338453_10151220155646203_2077302748_o.jpg

131666_10151220155781203_26436954_o.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/271395_10151220155936203_263165951_o.jpg[/img]

330899_10151220156171203_1702211457_o.jpg

332190_10151220156521203_866214808_o.jpg

334689_10151220157061203_2113579888_o.jpg

Archived