After Cruise Charges

Murphey

We disembarked the Golden Princess on Sunday and I was suprised to see 2 extra charges froon our credit card after settling our final bill. I haven't called Princess yet, but was just wondering if anyone had this happen to them before???

We disembarked the Golden Princess on Sunday and I was suprised to see 2 extra charges froon our credit card after settling our final bill. I haven't called Princess yet, but was just wondering if anyone had this happen to them before???

The only separate charges I have ever found on my card after disembarking were for future cruise credits and holds that were placed on the card while the credit card company waited for the Princess final hard copy. Once they received Princesses final bill, the holds disappeared.

Princess (and a lot of other businesses) puts holds on your credit card to make sure they get paid. That may be what you are seeing. It is labeled "pending" on your statement and will generally be removed within a week. Call the credit card company to find out if it is a hold. Then check every few days to see if it drops off. A lot of people won't even notice a hold, because it does not appear on your mailed statement. You would only notice it if you go online to check your bill.

Princess (and a lot of other businesses) puts holds on your credit card to make sure they get paid. That may be what you are seeing. It is labeled "pending" on your statement and will generally be removed within a week. Call the credit card company to find out if it is a hold. Then check every few days to see if it drops off. A lot of people won't even notice a hold, because it does not appear on your mailed statement. You would only notice it if you go online to check your bill.

Thanks for the info....

They were two small charges....$48.65 and $6.58....kind of strange amounts to me....

Thanks for the info....

They were two small charges....$48.65 and $6.58....kind of strange amounts to me....

Those don't sound like "holds". Holds are typically $100 to $600 and are nice round numbers.

Did you check these charges against your final cruise charges sheet that is in your stateroom?

Thanks for the info....

Well, I thinking these could be last minute mini-bar charges that were caught after you left the ship (or) other charges on the last day of cruise that didn't get onto your final on board account and were caught after the fact (or) it simply could be an error. Simple to fix. Call 1-800-Princess and ask to speak with shipboard accounting and request to get copies of those on board folio charges. If they are not yours Princess will credit back your card. If you can't resolve it directly with Princess then call your credit card company and dispute those charges.

We also left the Golden last Saturday and noticed 3 unaccounted for charges on our credit card account online Monday evening. The pending charge amounts were $81.86, $4.36. and $7.52. We did not incur any charges after Friday afternoon. We even printed a shipboard statement late Friday evening to make sure all charges were accounted for. I checked our credit card account this evening and the pending charges disappeared. Very strange!

We also left the Golden last Saturday and noticed 3 unaccounted for charges on our credit card account online Monday evening. The pending charge amounts were $81.86, $4.36. and $7.52. We did not incur any charges after Friday afternoon. We even printed a shipboard statement late Friday evening to make sure all charges were accounted for. I checked our credit card account this evening and the pending charges disappeared. Very strange!

They were holds that were cancelled when the real charge was made.

Thanks for the info....

Could they be charges after finalizing your shipboard account? An example could be for drinks charged directly to your card on the morning of disembarkation.

Could they be charges after finalizing your shipboard account? An example could be for drinks charged directly to your card on the morning of disembarkation.

Hi Eddie,

You must pay cash on the morning of disembarkation for drinks. John always has a double expresso in the morning, so if the coffee card is used up, he pays cash.

Hi Eddie,

You must pay cash on the morning of disembarkation for drinks. John always has a double expresso in the morning, so if the coffee card is used up, he pays cash.

Joyce,Thanks for that info on cash the morning of disembarkation.

Somehow I get it in my head that I would need to use a credit card on disembarkation morning. I have not gotten into the practice of using plastic for those little purchases. It is good to know I have the option of buying that morning beverage with cash.

Joyce,Thanks for that info on cash the morning of disembarkation.

Somehow I get it in my head that I would need to use a credit card on disembarkation morning. I have not gotten into the practice of using plastic for those little purchases. It is good to know I have the option of buying that morning beverage with cash.

Eddie,

You're quite welcome.

Archived