Special Souvenir recommendations

lilchief27

1st time cruiser here.... We are headed to GC on Carnival Legend in 4 days! So excited! Anyway, I don't want shot glasses, t-shirts or spoons. :D I want something special about GC to take home to remember our trip by. We are doing the Stingray City excursion for part of our time at this port but I can't take home a stingray.

What are some neat items to consider? BTW we don't drink, so rum or liquor will not be on our list -:). I also have a DD13 & DS10 who want something "cool" from this port too.

THANKS!!!!

After my excursion to the Turtle Farm, Hell and Stingray City I explored some of the shops. I can't remember what the name of the store was, but I picked up a small stuffed Stingray. It always makes me smile and it reminds me of the wonderful day I enjoyed in Grand Cayman. :)

1st time cruiser here.... We are headed to GC on Carnival Legend in 4 days! So excited! Anyway, I don't want shot glasses, t-shirts or spoons. :D I want something special about GC to take home to remember our trip by. We are doing the Stingray City excursion for part of our time at this port but I can't take home a stingray.

What are some neat items to consider? BTW we don't drink, so rum or liquor will not be on our list -:). I also have a DD13 & DS10 who want something "cool" from this port too.

THANKS!!!!

My favorite souvenir is always a smashed penny if there is a machine around. Its inexpensive and doesn't take up any space. I have a whole box of them from my travels and I love to look at them now and then :) My plan for my next trip is to find a special box to keep them in.

According to pennycollector.com , there are machines at the cruise terminal, crafter's market, and at the turtle farm. There should be several different designs to choose from. Maybe even a stingray to commemorate your experience. Use pre-1982 pennies, they smash better, and you'll need some quarters!

I always get a t-shirt, too.

• 1 month later...

Some one here on CC once posted that they bring back from every cruise that has a port at a beach, sand...........yes sand, and then they put it in Christimas ornament balls (clear) and label it with date and sailing and port..........this way they always have fond memories.

If you are not into that Christmas thing, you could put the sand in fancy bottles (avon) and make them sun catchers on a window ledge.

Safe travels

Sue and crew

We do Christmas ornaments. Easy to find and we try to get one that's special to that destination. I like the mercury glass ornaments. Our tree is filled with really gorgeous ornaments that all mean something special to us. A stingray ornament in mercury glass would be cool!!!

I always do Christmas ornaments (something handmade with the town or country on it), t-shirts, shot glasses, liquor for that location, and some small little decorative thing that is hand carved. Last year for Cozumel it was a little marble turtle and for Progresso it was a small Mayan idol. When I say small I mean like 1 inch or so. Also in Cozumel I got Vanilla. I have also picked up thimbles and refrigerator magnets. Unfortunately I am a tourist shop's dream for little knick knacks.

I'm glad I read this. We always look for the smashed penny machines and get them for the grandkids. I didn't know about the website that would tell us where to look! I now have written down the locations of the penny machines for each of our stops so we won't have to just hope we happen to walk by one as we're wandering around. Thanks!

If your stingray excursion includes a stop at Rum Point then....

Capt Jimmy Ebanks has been making horns from polished conch shells for many years. Sometimes he has some for sale at the Rum Point watersports shop at Rum Point from where he works.

We usually pick up Christmas ornaments and magnets, but those conch shell horns sound pretty cool! Too bad rum point isn't as easy to get to. The only tours I found that go there include stingray city and I'm not keen on going back there(beautiful,but I was freaked out by all the stingrays brushing up against me).

• 6 months later...

Archived