Room service pizza on sun?

Kaboochi

Jersey girl here originally, now in RI. Love the north east pizza: thin crust, perfect amount of cheese. Is the pizza comparable on the Sun? The only pizza that has come close was on a cruise was from Costa. Please report back with great ratings:D

I agree with rvsullivan. Pizza is not worth the $5. Go to the Blue Lagoon and order something to go and skip the pizza.

Agreed. Ordered the pizza to try it out. Very disappointed. Wasn't worth it. Can't figure out why NCL can't come up with a decent pizza, especially when they charge extra for i.

Thanks for response on room service. We have 5 families going and one family kept hearing that you had to pay for any room service. And thanks for tips on cake and pizza.

Pizza is $5 anytime and the room service is free until after a certain hour (maybe 11 or midnight) in which they charge $2.95 or $3.95 to bring it to your room.

The pizza on the ship is more like Domino's or Papa John's and less like you want. Don't do it! Even our 4 year old snubbed it. Go for wings at the sports bar instead. And of course, cake.:p

Heck, I wouldn't even put them in the same league or category of pizza as those from chains like Domino's or Pizza Huts rom our town - those are consistent in terms of quality & taste to us. The ones from our closest Papa John are actually very good - maybe NCL want to "outscource" their pizza ops and that would be worth $5 per pie to us.

Wings on the ship, medium or spicy hot, however, are very good compared to those overpriced & tiny ones at these named pizza joints.

Just my two cents.

A brief history of pizza on NCL:

• Room service pizza available 24/7 FREE. Really bad. Cold. Tried heating it up on top of the Lavazza. One baby step above better than nothing.
  • Room service pizza upgrade. Larger Pizza Ordinaire. $5. Ordered from butler and asked for extra pepperoni. Hot. Good enough with the Greek Salad!
  • Pizza in the Italian specialty restaurant. Much better than the other pizzas on NCL. Hot. Thinner crust, as I recall. More customizable. Doesn't count as an entree.

Pizza seems to be a microcosm of the whole food debate. I have read good reviews for NCL pizza, effervescent encomiums and scathing screeds.

Which Ray's is Real?

A brief history of pizza on NCL:

• Room service pizza available 24/7 FREE. Really bad. Cold. Tried heating it up on top of the Lavazza. One baby step above better than nothing.
  • Room service pizza upgrade. Larger Pizza Ordinaire. $5. Ordered from butler and asked for extra pepperoni. Hot. Good enough with the Greek Salad!
  • Pizza in the Italian specialty restaurant. Much better than the other pizzas on NCL. Hot. Thinner crust, as I recall. More customizable. Doesn't count as an entree.

Pizza seems to be a microcosm of the whole food debate. I have read good reviews for NCL pizza, effervescent encomiums and scathing screeds.

Which Ray's is Real?

Is it not the same pizza that's served in the buffet? I ate the pizza on the buffet on the POA in January and while not award winning pizza, it wasn't bad or anything to complain about either.

Will not pay for it in room as I do think I will get something I like. I do enjoy from the buffet if you do it right.

First go to line ask when the next hot pizza with the toppings you want will be out, go to pool for few min or pick up some things as you wait.

Next use some of the spices they have on the side, some red pepper flakes some shakers and you doing fine. Walk out to the pool and enjoy.

Archived