Murano Burano visit during overnight stop

HarpHarp

We are in port overnight from 2 pm to 2pm & would like to visit Murano & Burano during our stop.

We have our 24 hr ACTV cards. What would be the best way to do that as soon after arrival as possible.

I'm hoping some of you Venice experts can help with the quickest route to the islands.

Thank you in advance

Cindy

God I hate those afternoon to afternoon times but the route is taking the people mover to P Roma, catching vaporetto 42 to Murano (they depart every 10 minutes), when ready to go to Burano, take vaporetto 12 there (these leave every 1/2 hour). I would catch an early ride to Murano but understand the glass museum doesn't open until 10:00 (hence why I hate the time frames of your stop).

God I hate those afternoon to afternoon times but the route is taking the people mover to P Roma, catching vaporetto 42 to Murano (they depart every 10 minutes), when ready to go to Burano, take vaporetto 12 there (these leave every 1/2 hour). I would catch an early ride to Murano but understand the glass museum doesn't open until 10:00 (hence why I hate the time frames of your stop).

Great advice i couldnt have said it better myself LOL. Did the exact same route last may first thing in the morning and it worked well. Although we docked from 7am ovenight to 1pm the next day.

Great advice i couldnt have said it better myself LOL. Did the exact same route last may first thing in the morning and it worked well. Although we docked from 7am ovenight to 1pm the next day.

Yea it is tough to be able to spend the necassary time with a 2:00-2:00 timeframe.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the info - do you know which vaporetto and timing that goes back to P Roma from Burano? Also, which is the best stop to get off in Murano? Thanks again!

Just keep in mind that getting to Murano is pretty easy and relatively fast. But going out to Burano (our favorite spot) can take up to 1 1/2 hours (one way) from the Piazale Roma depending on connections. Sometimes we will go out to Burano in mid-morning and enjoy a nice lunch on that island. Then, we stop at Murano on the way back which makes for a nice day.

Hank

Keep in mind a Plan "B". We had 3 days in Venice post-cruise, but the weather turned bad.

We made the trip to Murano and planned to go to Burano, but when we returned to the Vaporetto stop in the wind and pouring rain, the driver told everyone there would be no more trips to Burano that day. The Lagoon was just too rough.

So we enjoyed a short trip to Lido the next day instead. You have to be prepared to go with the flow.

Keep in mind a Plan "B". We had 3 days in Venice post-cruise, but the weather turned bad.

We made the trip to Murano and planned to go to Burano, but when we returned to the Vaporetto stop in the wind and pouring rain, the driver told everyone there would be no more trips to Burano that day. The Lagoon was just too rough.

So we enjoyed a short trip to Lido the next day instead. You have to be prepared to go with the flow.

Good point, things don't always work out as planned.

Archived