Please Sell Me On Anytime Dining......

SNJCruisers

[quote name='azlefty']Reading through this thread, I was surprised to find only one post that mentioned the quality of the food. Is there any difference? If food is better, or hotter, with YTD I'd choose that for that reason alone. If it's worse, I'd choose a seating.

I suppose it is wishful thinking to imagine that getting anytime dining at a time other than the scheduled seatings would give you food cooked to order.

Has anyone noticed any consistent difference in food quality for YTD vs seatings?[/quote]

No differences for us in quality of food or service.

[quote name='azlefty']Reading through this thread, I was surprised to find only one post that mentioned the quality of the food. Is there any difference? If food is better, or hotter, with YTD I'd choose that for that reason alone. If it's worse, I'd choose a seating.

I suppose it is wishful thinking to imagine that getting anytime dining at a time other than the scheduled seatings would give you food cooked to order.

Has anyone noticed any consistent difference in food quality for YTD vs seatings?[/QUOTE]

the food is from the same kitchen.

what I read a lot about is the service in any time dining is different..either you get a good wait team or a sucky one. either you are rushed or it takes forever.--

I, for one, will not try to sell you on ATD. I prefer it because I get a table for two whenever I want it and eat when I want to. However, you gave some very valid points why you like assigned seating and they can not be guaranteed in ATD.

[quote name='SNJCruisers'][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Have had late dining for the majority of my previous cruises and my GF drops hints now and then that she wants to possibly try ATD. I like the consistency of having the same waiter and assistant waiter and having the same table mates for dinner. I feel that ATD would be like open seating in the MDR is for breakfast and lunch, it's OK, but not the same service that you get at night when they know after the first night that you like iced tea instead of water in your large glass.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]So, veterans of ATD, please convince this cruise veteran why we should switch in January on our upcoming cruise on the Breeze. Thanks.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/quote]

for those who sailed in 2012 and requested the same wait team....how does that work.
did you show up at the same time each night

how much of a wait did you have to get the same team

both times this past year we were told its first come first serve if we wanted a certain table we needed to show up before 5:45 and get there first.

[quote name='SNJCruisers'][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Have had late dining for the majority of my previous cruises and my GF drops hints now and then that she wants to possibly try ATD. I like the consistency of having the same waiter and assistant waiter and having the same table mates for dinner. I feel that ATD would be like open seating in the MDR is for breakfast and lunch, it's OK, but not the same service that you get at night when they know after the first night that you like iced tea instead of water in your large glass.

So, veterans of ATD, please convince this cruise veteran why we should switch in January on our upcoming cruise on the Breeze. Thanks.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I'm reading your post for the 1st time and notice that there are 3 pages worth of replies. So, it's quite possible that someone has stated what I'm about to state. I love ATD simply because I go to dinner when I'm hungry...not because its the time I have to go (and I may not be hungry). As for having the same waiter...that is possible. I did that on my last cruise. The 1st night I don't recall who I had, but the 2nd night I enjoyed my waiter so much that I asked if I could be seated in his area the 3rd night. So, every time I came for dinner, the ladies knew to place me with Nilson. I even had him for breakfast too except for one morning...and he still serviced me. So, obtaining the same waiter can be done, but it's highly possible you'll have new table mates each night.

We had ATD, though we only dined twice for dinner in the MDR. We asked for a table for 3 of us ( we won't sit with others) and always got it right away. We did 2 breakfasts in the MDR and again...right in for a table of 3..NEVER a wait. The meal came quick, though not the hottest. Asking for a sweet roll tray before breakfast, or extra condiment or extra beverage...did all that, none were ever recieved. So, service was bad.

Good food but could have been hotter
Quick service
Seating as requested, table for 3 ( we at dinner at 5:45)
Service attitude poor
Seated promptly

But often this is ship by ship, and I don't blame the Legend, which is a great ship.

We normally eat our meals primarily in the buffet, food seems hot as they are constantly replacing it. Never see long waits. Variety and often the same thingsd that MDR has. IN and OUT, no 2 hour+ meal. And, just by luck, we have had on our last 2 cruises, pretty poor or rude waiters the last 2 times...one which we called "Mr. Wad you wan" (What You Want), he never smiled or greeted us and these are the only words we ever heard from him????

[quote name='serene56']for those who sailed in 2012 and requested the same wait team....how does that work.
did you show up at the same time each night

how much of a wait did you have to get the same team

both times this past year we were told its first come first serve if we wanted a certain table we needed to show up before 5:45 and get there first.[/quote]

We were on the Liberty in late January/early February and had Anytime dining. We choose ATD because we really want a table for just the 2 of us even though we always eat early. We went each night between 6 and 6:20 and had the same waitstaff team each night. The only wait we ever had was the short line into the dining room. We did request the same team each night, but really - it almost seemed to me that by the 3rd night, they held us "our table" in "our area".

The food was also always the right tempatures: cold was served cold, hot was served hot and the icecream solid, not melty. No difference in service IMO, from fixed dining in my experience.

P.S. time to change your signature?

Archived