Renewal of wedding vows

spanishlady

We are thinking of have our wedding vows renewed while on the P and O world cruise.

We will be 40 married in December ( before you ask yes I was a child bride :D)

What does everyone think of this. Have any of you ever done it

I would love to hear your ideas on this ,

I scheduled a cruise for our anniversary hoping to do a renewal of vows. We usually cruise with HAL or Regent and I had read the HAL pricing and description of the renewal ceremonies and thought it sounded very nice - but HAL didn't have a cruise that fit our needs - so I booked Royal Caribbean.

Their vow renewal ceremony sounded way less interesting and costs way more SO... I think it's a wonderful idea - but check with the various cruise lines as to what they offer.

My husband and I renewed our vows on board a Princess ship and it was worth every penny (should probably say 'cent' as we were charged in US$!). The ceremony was conducted by the Captain and two ladies from the Purser's Department were present, plus the ship's photographer. It was extremely emotional (even more so than our actual wedding day) - we both shed tears! I was given a beautiful orchid bouquet, my husband received a rose to wear in his buttonhole, we had a bottle of champagne (the real thing - not just fizzy wine!), two celebration champagne flutes, a photograph of our choice plus a frame, a certificate marking the occasion and a copy of the vows. Even though several couples were renewing their vows, each couple was taken into the wedding chapel separately for a private ceremony, and music was played as we entered the chapel. Go for it - I'm sure you'll love it.

vows.jpg.ebf2b013fae7c0e90c7c1c5c464577a5.jpg

Sounds like a wonderful idea.

But do check to see how it will be done on your cruise. It does vary by cruise line.

On HAL it is usually held in either the Piano Bar or a small corner of the Crows Nest. There isn't a wedding chapel on any of HAL's ships.

Any many times there are several couples renewing their vows. There will only be one ceramony per cruise.

Congratulations on your 40th anniversary.

Archived