DORA or CLAUDIA

CRUISER2B

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We toured with a group of 26 with Claudia in early October and had a lovely time. We saw all of the sites as promised on a very clean, air conditioned motor coach. The old city, the new town, several Cathedrals and monasteries, La Popa, the exterior of the fort, etc.

Claudia did a great job after the tour as well. I left my sunglasses on the bus. They are prescription sunglasses with bifocals, so kind of expensive to replace. I called her when we got back on the ship. They had been turned in to the driver, so she had the glasses. I e-mailed her my FedEx account number when we got home and she packaged them up and sent them to me. Above and beyond the call for a tour operator! I am so grateful that she was willing to take the time to send them to me.

I would definitely recommend Claudia for a tour of Cartagena. She also gives you a CD at the end of the tour.

We toured with a group of 26 with Claudia in early October and had a lovely time. We saw all of the sites as promised on a very clean, air conditioned motor coach. The old city, the new town, several Cathedrals and monasteries, La Popa, the exterior of the fort, etc.

Claudia did a great job after the tour as well. I left my sunglasses on the bus. They are prescription sunglasses with bifocals, so kind of expensive to replace. I called her when we got back on the ship. They had been turned in to the driver, so she had the glasses. I e-mailed her my FedEx account number when we got home and she packaged them up and sent them to me. Above and beyond the call for a tour operator! I am so grateful that she was willing to take the time to send them to me.

I would definitely recommend Claudia for a tour of Cartagena. She also gives you a CD at the end of the tour.

How safe did you feel?

We toured with Claudia in a group of 26 in October. We started off as a small group of 6, then 8, then 12, and then the organizer kept adding sardines to the can and we became a group of 26. It brought the cost down to $48 plus tips, but it also brought the "personal" and "customized" part of the experience down. Not to mention that we were cramped in a coaster. The tour was nice...but certainly not worth the money. We did not go into the Gold Museum and the Inquisition Palace for reasons not explained.

• 2 months later...

Eight of us took a tour with Claudia back in November and had a terrific time. The size of the group made it a fun trip, never having to position yourself to hear. Nice comfortable air conditioned van to make the transit around town enjoyable. Claudia is very knowledgeable about her city.

10873263345_a5fb6cf9a7_c.jpg

We are booked with Claudia and are on the 1/20 sailing on Island Princess.

We would welcome company. If you are interested contact Claudia and ask to join our arranged highlights tour. Right now there are only 2 of us.

The more the merrier!

Join the Mello tour.

Although most of this is old, do want to mention that we booked a private tour through Dora due to health issues and needing to be assured we could get back to the ship quickly if necessary. She arranged everything perfectly and we didn't need to cut our day short. We tailored one of the tours on her web site to our liking since didn't care about shopping long and did want to see some extra things/ places. She met us at the end of the gangway with a sign with our names. We had a private van with cool drinks provided and a great, rather leisurely (at our request) of this city. I never felt afraid but it's not a place I'd want to be off on my own or even as a couple.

A group from my roll call toured with Dora's company. I was told the tour was good but there was no flexibility at all. Also, when planning the tour they needed to pick one of the tours and she did not want to deviate.

I booked through Celebrity and the tour was excellent and I paid a little less than the private tours.

• 2 weeks later...

We had an excellent tour with Dora. Works hard to see that everyone enjoys the tour. I had left my tablet on the tour bus when we returned to the ship. I had just gotten it and was really upset. Called the tour # and left a message and also sent an email asking her to mail it to me if she found it and I would of course send her whatever the postage cost. Kind of gave up on getting it back.

Decided to call the front desk just before sail away. Dora had driven all the way back to the ship when she got my message to return my tablet....got there a short time before we sailed. To me that was going above and beyond. So besides a great tour, I was so happy that she was kind enough to go out of her way to see I got my tablet back.

Also, loved Cartegena!

Liz

• 3 weeks later...
A group from my roll call toured with Dora's company. I was told the tour was good but there was no flexibility at all. Also, when planning the tour they needed to pick one of the tours and she did not want to deviate.

I booked through Celebrity and the tour was excellent and I paid a little less than the private tours.

What tour did you book with Celebrity in Cartagena?

• 1 month later...

We went on Dora's city tour a couple of weeks ago and it cost $60 per person. It would have been $75 if we'd stayed at 4 people, but because we went above 10, the price dropped to $60. She was a great guide and we had plenty of time to wander a little in case we wanted to shop. She was open to suggestions but all of us wanted to see the places listed in her regular tour. The people I spoke with who had taken Celebrity's tour were not as pleased - they were crowded and uncomfortable. My ship's tour in Belize was that way, too.

We went on Dora's city tour a couple of weeks ago and it cost $60 per person. It would have been $75 if we'd stayed at 4 people, but because we went above 10, the price dropped to $60. She was a great guide and we had plenty of time to wander a little in case we wanted to shop. She was open to suggestions but all of us wanted to see the places listed in her regular tour. The people I spoke with who had taken Celebrity's tour were not as pleased - they were crowded and uncomfortable. My ship's tour in Belize was that way, too.

Thanks for the good report --- we just booked her for our February cruise. There will be 7 of us.

• 4 weeks later...
What tour did you book with Celebrity in Cartagena?

I did 01. La Popa, fokloric show, photo stop at the fort, walking tour of the old city, quick shopping stop at the dungeons. I thought the tour was great, our bus was no where close to full so we were lucky. Our guide was excellent. I think I paid about $45.

Jen

Edited by Jen1000

• 5 months later...
We went on Dora's city tour a couple of weeks ago and it cost $60 per person. It would have been $75 if we'd stayed at 4 people, but because we went above 10, the price dropped to $60. She was a great guide and we had plenty of time to wander a little in case we wanted to shop. She was open to suggestions but all of us wanted to see the places listed in her regular tour.

I was on this tour a month ago on the Carnival Legend Panama Canal transit and I cannot say enough good things about Dora. She is excellent and has been doing this for a long time. She is interesting and efficient. We were a group of about 20 so we paid $60 each. Well worth it. She got us back to the ship in plenty of time. I highly recommend Dora. Her email is dora@cartagenatour.com and the website is http://www.cartagenatour.com.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zafra63

We enjoyed a tour with Dora in Cartagena, early October. She was excellent and we can really recommend her. We were on the Coral Princess and booked a private tour with 8 people. First we went to LaPopa Monastery, on top of the hill, great views, we continued on to the Fort, walked around then further to the dungeons, where we enjoyed the various craft shops. The city walking tour was very interesting, great photo opportunities, beautiful mahogany balconies and doors, narrow streets, fountains, churches. We had a great time exploring the wall that surrounds the city. The humidity was high, but we took that into our strife. We hope that you all experience Cartagena with Dora, like we did. We were back at the Coral plenty of time before the departure, Dora made sure of that. Thanks Dora, we hope to come back and meet up again with you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by zafra63

Guest zafra63
Zafra63. We have Doara reserved for our trip in January. What type of van or bus were you in? Was there plenty of room for 8 adults. Would 10 fit?

It was an air conditioned van, ample room for 8, I remember Dora said it could fit 16. They have different types of vans.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 5 weeks later...

I reserved a trip with Dora for people with walking problems. She accepted ...no problems with that, There are now 12 people on our trip. If some can walk around, it is fine with me. Our cruise is early December.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...