MDR food for room service

2 cruzen

My husband asked me to post this question. Are you able to order room service off the MDR menu if they are still serving in the MDR? I say "no". We have been on 4 Carnival cruises and have never tried it but our last cruise was on HAL and we were able to do this. Any experience from recent cruisers?

My husband asked me to post this question. Are you able to order room service off the MDR menu if they are still serving in the MDR? I say "no". We have been on 4 Carnival cruises and have never tried it but our last cruise was on HAL and we were able to do this. Any experience from recent cruisers?

No. But the food they are serving at the buffet is similar. SO IF....you went there and brought it to him. You get the tip. Ya know what i mean....:D

get out of your room, maybe coffee and muffins for room service. the room is for showering, changing clothes, maybe a power nap. the only time we have ordered room service is for coffee and danish, or a 2 am sandwich

That's what you like to do. I happen to do the same. However, not everyone wants the same things on their vacation.

buffet yes, but no to go boxes, I have brought bacon and eggs back to the room on a plate, MDR, don't think so unless you walk out with your dinner plate, but as I said in my last post, WHY? Are you ona cruise to stay in your cabin?

Why does it bother you what they want to do on their vacation? :confused:

I can think of lots of reasons to take a meal back to your cabin.

1) You work long hours in a service or a public type position (sales clerk, waitress, etc.). For that person, solitude may be the vacation.

2) You suffered an emotional loss and aren't up to small talk at the time.

3) You'd like a quiet dinner for two in your cabin.

4) You have a sick child and need to stay in the cabin but still want a MDR meal.

5) You're in introvert.

For most people, the main dining room experience is a pleasure. For some people, they may not be up to every night. And then there are those that don't like the experience but still want the lobster or chocolate melting cake. To each his/her own.

If staying in your cabin is a priority other lines offer far better room service options than Carnival.

We enjoy a hot breakfast on our balcony that we get on HAL and Celbrity. We bring food to the cabin from the buffet on Carnival often.

I think it would be a huge hassle for everyone to try to get it from the MDR. They aren't set up to do it.

Why would I want to bring food back to our room? Well, we'll be traveling with our 2 year old and she might not be in a mood to go to the MDR. I don't want to ruin anyone's experience in the MDR because my toddler is having a meltdown. She is little but she is LOUD 😄! Also if there is a chance we get the upsell call and get a balcony, I can't imagine a nicer dinner than eating it on your own private balcony at sunset. To each their own. 😄

Didn't want to start a controversy over my question..The reason we ordered off of room service (and is was nice that the option of MDR food was available on HAL) last year was because we were in Aruba very late....7 pm....had early set dining so missed our dinner. By the time we got back and cleaned up, the buffets were closed. didn't just want the room service option and then remembered HAL offered anything off their MDR menu as long as they were still serving. Thankfully for us, late dining was still going on.

It's funny to me how 2 cruise lines, owned by the same corporation has such different policies. But I guess it is for different types of cruisers. REALLY liked some things on HAL but missed many of the more "fun" things going on with Carnival.

Archived