Hours/days of operation Cocktail Hour

mediator

I would like to thank you for taking the time to solicit comments and suggestions. I did make this comment while on the Solstice two years ago, so if there have been any changes I apologize. We will be sailing on the Reflection in January.

I would like to see the cocktail hour open "nightly". I was surprised to find that it is closed on embarkation day as well as other times when other parties are being offered. RCLddoes keep their lounge open every night of the cruise and does not close because of another offering. It seemed when I was on the Solstice, it was open half the time in the eveing which certainly was a lesser benefit. Thank you. Looking forward to the Reflection in January.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to solicit comments and suggestions. I did make this comment while on the Solstice two years ago, so if there have been any changes I apologize. We will be sailing on the Reflection in January.

I would like to see the cocktail hour open "nightly". I was surprised to find that it is closed on embarkation day as well as other times when other parties are being offered. RCLddoes keep their lounge open every night of the cruise and does not close because of another offering. It seemed when I was on the Solstice, it was open half the time in the eveing which certainly was a lesser benefit. Thank you. Looking forward to the Reflection in January.

I believe the only time is isn't offered is the first day (I don't know why) and the evening of the Elite\Select Captains Club event.

I believe the only time is isn't offered is the first day (I don't know why) and the evening of the Elite\Select Captains Club event.

You are correct. The first night is quite busy and it might be difficult to assign staff to the Elite Hour. Of course, each night increases the cost of this "free" benefit for Celebrity.

I wasn't aware they are in the same venue. It's been a number of years since I sailed Celebrity. RCCL holds the Welcome Back party in a larger venue.

Because of the large numbers of Elite's, most Cocktail hours are held in the Sky Lounge (usually a roped off section). This is the same venue as the Captain's Club event.

You are correct. The first night is quite busy and it might be difficult to assign staff to the Elite Hour. Of course, each night increases the cost of this "free" benefit for Celebrity.

Why would it be difficult to assign staff to the Elite Hour? They would just need a person at the door to check Elites. The other staff should be there working. JMHO

Why would it be difficult to assign staff to the Elite Hour? They would just need a person at the door to check Elites. The other staff should be there working. JMHO

Staff for the Elite Hour are pulled from other venues. They use bar personel, waiters and snack servers. These people might be spread thin on the first night. They also have limits on how many hours may be worked by each member of the crew.

Staff for the Elite Hour are pulled from other venues. They use bar personel, waiters and snack servers. These people might be spread thin on the first night. They also have limits on how many hours may be worked by each member of the crew.

Why would they be spread thin on the first night and not any other night? I know they have limits on how many hours they work. I am not a nebee. Been on too many cruises and too many different cruise lines to believe this. Sorry.

Why would they be spread thin on the first night and not any other night? I know they have limits on how many hours they work. I am not a nebee. Been on too many cruises and too many different cruise lines to believe this. Sorry.

Only reporting what I was told when I asked. Remember, the ships tend to leave between the Happy Hour times. Additional staff are used for the Muster Drill. I've noticed quite a few Waiters and Snack Servers working the steps. The first night can be busy in the MDR with people trying to find their table.

Only reporting what I was told when I asked. Remember, the ships tend to leave between the Happy Hour times. Additional staff are used for the Muster Drill. I've noticed quite a few Waiters and Snack Servers working the steps. The first night can be busy in the MDR with people trying to find their table.

Cruise Lines and Ships do NOT have any functions during Muster Drill. Bar staff does not help people trying to find their tables any time.

Cruise Lines and Ships do NOT have any functions during Muster Drill. Bar staff does not help people trying to find their tables any time.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, I'm sorry for that. What I was trying to say is that some of those who would normally work the Happy Hour are performing other duties about the time of the Happy Hour. This of course would depend on time of departure. I've seen waiters from Blu and Snack Servers working the Muster Drills. Dinner starts around 6;15pm, 1hr 15 minutes into the Happy Hour. Staff usually report to the MDR earlier the first evening for set up and greeting duties. This I was told is one reason for not holding the Happy Hour on the first night. Might be true, might be an excuse, but that's what a RM and a Host told me when I asked. Ask and you may get the same response, or you might get a different response.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, I'm sorry for that. What I was trying to say is that some of those who would normally work the Happy Hour are performing other duties about the time of the Happy Hour. This of course would depend on time of departure. I've seen waiters from Blu and Snack Servers working the Muster Drills. Dinner starts around 6;15pm, 1hr 15 minutes into the Happy Hour. Staff usually report to the MDR earlier the first evening for set up and greeting duties. This I was told is one reason for not holding the Happy Hour on the first night. Might be true, might be an excuse, but that's what a RM and a Host told me when I asked. Ask and you may get the same response, or you might get a different response.

I fully understand that they told you that. I am not flaming you. I was just expressing my opinion. As we all know, they tell you what they want to and then you go from there. It sounds like the race going on now. LOL

No hard feelings.

Personally, I have no problem with now having the Elite happy hour the day of embarkation. We have other things to do. If that's a deal breaker for some, they need to get over it or themselves. I'm just one who is happy with the perks Celebrity offers to its Elite guests.

I fully understand that they told you that. I am not flaming you. I was just expressing my opinion. As we all know, they tell you what they want to and then you go from there. It sounds like the race going on now. LOL

No hard feelings.

Of course not. I welcome good discussion with my fellow cruisers.

I would think most of the crew would have alot to do on turnover day. Not only getting passengers off the ship, the ship resupplied and totally cleaned, but the new passengers on the ship, luggage to the rooms, muster drill etc. I wonder if that is why they do not try to host the cocktail hour.

Because of the large numbers of Elite's, most Cocktail hours are held in the Sky Lounge (usually a roped off section). This is the same venue as the Captain's Club event.

it depends on cruise

On our cruise there was only about a dozen people in Micheal's everynight

On a seven night cruise, we get six nights where the cruise line offers complimentary drinks. Apparently, that's not enough!:rolleyes:

Andrew

Usually 5 nights of the Elite social hour(s) and one afternoon Captain's Club celebration with a reduced libation menu.

Usually 5 nights of the Elite social hour(s) and one afternoon Captain's Club celebration with a reduced libation menu.
So that I don't become a hypocrite, I'll assume you were just clarifying that one day/night of free drinks was not an Elite Happy Hour, and might not have the same choices. I was aware, but good to let others know, in case they might be confused. :)

Assuming we don't count that afternoon/night, I am still amazed when someone who books a cruise that isn't all-inclusive complains when they only get five nights with free drinks.:rolleyes:

As a relatively new benefit, I am amazed at all the complaints indicating that a freebie from the cruiseline is not enough.:o

Andrew

So that I don't become a hypocrite, I'll assume you were just clarifying that one day/night of free drinks was not an Elite Happy Hour, and might not have the same choices. I was aware, but good to let others know, in case they might be confused. :)

My level of confusion depends on the speed of delivery in the lounge.. ;)

On some ships however, depending on the direction of the wind and the phase of the moon, we have suffered through :rolleyes: both the Captain's Club celebration and the Elite social hour.... Confusion to the enemy!

Personally, I have no problem with now having the Elite happy hour the day of embarkation. We have other things to do. If that's a deal breaker for some, they need to get over it or themselves. I'm just one who is happy with the perks Celebrity offers to its Elite guests.

What type of drinks do they serve at the Elite party.....wine, cosmos, martini's, etc.? or is it limited to a certain menu.

Thanks.

What type of drinks do they serve at the Elite party.....wine, cosmos, martini's, etc.? or is it limited to a certain menu.

Thanks.

I can't tell you the whole list, but I have had (or seen others have):

Martinis

Manhattans

Wine

Sparkling Wine

Cosmopolitans

Screwdrivers

Others can add to the list, and someone probably has a photo of the list somewhere.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

Martinis

Manhattans

Wine

Sparkling Wine

Cosmopolitans

Screwdrivers

Others can add to the list, and someone probably has a photo of the list somewhere.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

Great! Can't wait, we leave in 3 weeks, Barcelona-Dubai.

Thanks for the info.

Martinis

Manhattans

Wine

Sparkling Wine

Cosmopolitans

Screwdrivers

Hope that helps,

Andrew

You can also get soda. I get my dose of Ginger Ale.

Archived