Hours/days of operation Cocktail Hour

mediator

Staff for the Elite Hour are pulled from other venues. They use bar personnel, waiters and snack servers. These people might be spread thin on the first night. They also have limits on how many hours may be worked by each member of the crew.

It is also turn around day and most staff are up very early doing cleaning (even in the bars). I saw one of my Bar Tenders on the Oasis working in the morning cleaning the bar including all the nozzles, cans, bottles, chairs, bar, and tables. Then he had to do a count for the last week and projections for the week coming up (based on number of adults on the ship). I asked why he was up so early. He said that turn around day was a massive clean up day where they had to use a disinfectant. Then they cleaned it again to get rid of it so it did not bother the customer. He would be helping with the on coming luggage then get 4 hours sleep and be back at the Bar for it opening at 1 pm. He had gone to bed at 2 am.

i am very appreciative of the cocktail evenmt and i love the mornings with bloody marys. when we found out we were close to elite we took a short cruise to make it, then next day got on solstice as elite. it was great. the only day you do not have drinks available is the 1st night and you can drink wine that you can bring on board.

they treat you much better than most of the other lines after 10 cruises. ad

i am very appreciative of the cocktail evenmt and i love the mornings with bloody marys. when we found out we were close to elite we took a short cruise to make it, then next day got on solstice as elite. it was great. the only day you do not have drinks available is the 1st night and you can drink wine that you can bring on board.

they treat you much better than most of the other lines after 10 cruises. ad

DW also loves the Bellinis for the elite breakfast. She thinks they are so much better that Mimosas.

• 2 weeks later...

My first time on Celebrity Reflection Dec 5 Inagural sailing. Is the Elite "Happy Hour" really just an hour? where will it be held for this sailing? What else can I expect being an inagural sailing? On the Allure 3 night inagural, every show that is on the 7 night was offered and we saw them all. There was also a gift in everyone's stateroom every day regardless of status. Beach towels, lanyards, hats, all sorts of gifts and they all said Maiden Voyage. It was so cool. Will all the shows be offered? I don't see reservations online for these shows like on RCI big ships?

Elite Happy Hr is 2 hrs, 5-7pm.

For those bemoaning not getting the free drinks on the 1st night, there are alternatives:

- get the free sparkling wine on boarding, then either step back off and come back on for another, or just sneak back to the entry snd get a few more....

- upgrade to Conceirge and get the free wine in your SR....

- stand around one of the bars waiting for people to turn away from their drink and walk off with it....

I've tried them all and they work great. For some reason, my wife refuses to be with my on sailaway day.....can never understand why.

And to the poster picking on my buddy Wine-O, he said "we" were too busy for happy hr on departure, not that everybody was, and he would be up in his SR enjoying the wine he smuggled and doesnt need a happy hr. Ohh, another option to happy hr on departure day!

Den

Elite Happy Hr is 2 hrs, 5-7pm.

I've tried them all and they work great. For some reason, my wife refuses to be with my on sailaway day.....can never understand why. Den

Hahahahah, thanks for the laugh.

I think you can also get drinks like Gin/Tonic, Scotch/Tonic/Water, etc. that aren't on the list, but when the liquor is available. I drink Gin/Tonic and they are really good and no problem to get. You just have to ask a waiter or at the bar rather than taking one from the tray people.

Tom

What type of drinks do they serve at the Elite party.....wine, cosmos, martini's, etc.? or is it limited to a certain menu.

Thanks.

Why would they be spread thin on the first night and not any other night? I know they have limits on how many hours they work. I am not a nebee. Been on too many cruises and too many different cruise lines to believe this. Sorry.

On our last cruise on the 1st night the 6 of us got together and opened 2 of our sparking wines that were in our rooms. Richard

Staff for the Elite Hour are pulled from other venues. They use bar personel, waiters and snack servers. These people might be spread thin on the first night. They also have limits on how many hours may be worked by each member of the crew.

Why would they be spread thin on the first night and not any other night? I know they have limits on how many hours they work. I am not a nebee. Been on too many cruises and too many different cruise lines to believe this. Sorry.

Royal has theirs on the first night for three and a half hours. ~ Ric

Archived