C & A Society Breakfast

It is my understanding that there is a small, separate dining area set aside EVERY MORNING for Diamond, D+, Pinnacle (maybe they added Platinum, or maybe that was a signage fluke as mentioned above). It's not intended as a meet and greet, but is an off-to-the-side area for upper tier C&A passengers to have breakfast.

I've seen it on just about every ship that I've sailed on (sometimes I didn't look for it).

It's shown on the C&A benefits page on RCCL's web site as "Daily breakfast with specialty coffee".

This is only on ships that DO NOT have a Diamond Lounge. It is discontinued when a Diamond Lounge is added to a ship. In the DL, specialty coffee is available 24/7.

This is only on ships that DO NOT have a Diamond Lounge. It is discontinued when a Diamond Lounge is added to a ship. In the DL, specialty coffee is available 24/7.

This makes a little more sense to me now.

Also, I think the reason I've seen it lately in the MDR area is our recent cruises have had very large numbers of D and D+. I think they open up the extra dining for breakfast as an "overflow" dining area. The DL wouldn't be able to hold them all, as some of the cruises I've been on in the last 18 months have had 300 - 500 D's and D+.

I would guess that even with a dedicated DL they will continue to open the small dining room for breakfast for cruises with large numbers of upper tier members.

This makes a little more sense to me now.

Also, I think the reason I've seen it lately in the MDR area is our recent cruises have had very large numbers of D and D+. I think they open up the extra dining for breakfast as an "overflow" dining area. The DL wouldn't be able to hold them all, as some of the cruises I've been on in the last 18 months have had 300 - 500 D's and D+.

I would guess that even with a dedicated DL they will continue to open the small dining room for breakfast for cruises with large numbers of upper tier members.

That's very possible. I'll be on Mariner for the TA. I'm sure that there will be a very large number of D/D+/PC. This will be my first time on her since they added the DL.

We're sailing on Navigator on 14 October. Although this is only our second cruise with RCL, we're Diamond because of loads of cruises with Celebrity. So there's lots of things we would know if we were normal Diamond cruisers, but don't. Do I have this right:

• Navigator doesn't have a Diamond Lounge, and
  • There will be an area set aside somewhere where Diamond and above can get a free cappucino with breakfast every morning?

If so, I like the sound of this!:) Cruise ship coffee is horrible, and I love a cappucino with breakfast. Is it good cappucino?

We're sailing on Navigator on 14 October. Although this is only our second cruise with RCL, we're Diamond because of loads of cruises with Celebrity. So there's lots of things we would know if we were normal Diamond cruisers, but don't. Do I have this right:

• Navigator doesn't have a Diamond Lounge, and
  • There will be an area set aside somewhere where Diamond and above can get a free cappucino with breakfast every morning?

If so, I like the sound of this!:) Cruise ship coffee is horrible, and I love a cappucino with breakfast. Is it good cappucino?

Yes, you are correct. Navigator doesn't have a Diamond Lounge now. Her drydock is scheduled for Jan. 2014 when one will be added. There will be a Diamond Breakfast area where you will be able to get specialty coffee at no charge. (I don't know if it's good because I don't drink coffee.)

Yes, you are correct. Navigator doesn't have a Diamond Lounge now. Her drydock is scheduled for Jan. 2014 when one will be added. There will be a Diamond Breakfast area where you will be able to get specialty coffee at no charge. (I don't know if it's good because I don't drink coffee.)

Thanks for this! Now that I know what I'm looking for, we'll definitely track down the free cappucino and give it a try.

Thanks for this! Now that I know what I'm looking for, we'll definitely track down the free cappucino and give it a try.

You should have a letter in your stateroom when you arrive detailing all the perks available for Diamond. It will usually mention the Diamond breakfast, and tell you on which dining room deck it will be held.

...but it was probably the "top tier" event as mentioned. I agree that there should be more events including all levels so that we can get to know one another.

Really? Really? You don't feel the Welcome Back Party with complimentary drinks and appies is enough for all levels? I certainly do. :)

With all due respect, those passengers who are Platinum and above have earned that status. Now, I'm not saying it to brag and anyone who knows me knows it's not about that at all with me... but, having said that, we waited our turn to become the current C&A status that we are and are now enjoying the benefits which come with that. The upper tier breakfast you speak of was absolutely magnificent on our Brilliance cruise last summer, fantastic. We enjoyed it very much, and appreciated that it was not for all levels, if that makes sense. :) No offense intended.

Archived