Drew Devine

Debitoo

Can't really say anything bad about him... except maybe that he's Canadian... :D

Seriously though, he's one of my favorite cruise directors. His Quest is always hilarious, as well as his "Love and Marriage". Granted there's only so much that can be done with Love and Marriage. Also, he's very personable and approachable and is always willing to stop and chat with passengers. And unlike some CD's (*cough* Casey Pelter *cough* John Blair *cough*) I would see him frequently out and about and walking the ship.

Drew is a great guy! Very funny in a natural way - not forced or rehearsed. We have sailed four times with him and enjoyed every cruise. He is also a wonderful drummer - make sure you attend the welcome aboard show on the first night when he does his drum solo!

Only had him once on a 3 day Monarch trip.... I thought he was one of the most approachable (not that I approached:)) CD I have been around. I attended the Diamond event which he was there as well, never had that happen before. He came around and spoke to everyone in the lounge... seemed like a real neat person. He ran all the shows that I attended professionally as well.

With a dozen cruises under our belts, without a doubt our favorite CD so far is Drew Devine! He was on the Majesty on our first cruise in 2004 and we were "priviledged" to sail with him again last March on the Monarch. His wife is a dance captain and they usually get assigned together. He has a really warm personality and can certainly laugh the loudest when the jokes on him. A lot of folks don't think the CD impacts their cruise experience one way or the other, but we just returned from our second sailing on the Majesty last week and the CD was no where near as good as Drew (in our humble opinion, of course). Have a great cruise and rest assure he will make you laugh.

Drew was born in London, Ontario. We really enjoyed him as a CD on the monarch. He was born at the same hospital where my wife worked and everytime he met us on the ship he would loudly say ''That lady saw me naked''. A very personable and approachable person.

Edited by retird

We just spent two weeks on the Freedom of the Seas, and bumped into him several times in the elevator or promenade.

He is one of our favorite CD's by far.

Its all good, there is no bad or ugly. :cool:

IMHO

Can't really say anything bad about him... except maybe that he's Canadian... :D....

Thats probably why he is such a GREAT CD. ;)

I also agree with all the positive comments on Drew. He is one of a very few if any that wander the ship talking to passengers and is genuinely cares about your experience on the ship. He has a great sense of humor that is refined and not slap stick like some CDs are.

Also I like the fact he plays Love Today before each of the shows which seems to be his trademark to get the audience engaged.

Now I'm super excited to have him as a CD on our back to back. So far my favorite CD has been Richard Spacey so we'll see how Drew stacks up.

We sail the Adventure after you PattG12. (Please take good care of her for us ;)). I'm hoping it's not just rumor that he'll be our CD. Fingers crossed. We're super excited too!

• 3 weeks later...

We has cruised with Drew as our CD AS well. Very nice guy. I asked him a simple question about where he took his drum lessons. He could have given me a quick answer and moved on, but it turned into a 15 minute conversation.

Interesting fact: He once got stuck overnight on Coco Cay. I think it was him, anyway.

• 10 months later...

Never taken much notice of who was CD on any cruise, I haven't felt they made much difference to my cruise experience.

However I was on adventure with her up there /\ /\. /\ First time I have taken notice of who was CD always chatted when we met him, very friendly, good little chat show on TV. Hope he is there when we next cruise on Adventure.