Drew Devine

Debitoo

• 2 years later...

He's awesome. I was sitting on the track one afternoon and Drew passed by. He stopped for a chat with me even though we had never met before. He really had no obligation to talk since he initiated the conversation. Seemed like a pretty friendly guy to me.

Drew Devine. Excellent cruise director, great guy, outstanding drummer.

His Quest rocks. Best one so far.

I was just strolling along in my wheelchair on Monarch and Drew came up to me, struck up a conversation, asked me how was I enjoying my cruise and was there anything him or his staff could do to make it any better. Doubt that will EVER happen again. Id love to cruise on a ship he is CD of again

Edited by ryano

Met Drew on his first contract with Royal back in 2003 on the Serenade of the Seas, great guy and he actually spent some time living in our home town. Last saw him on the Monarch a few years ago, always a ball of energy and making sure everyone is having a great time.

Can't wait to sail with him again.

Happy sailing

Brian J

Has anyone ever had a cruise actually ruined by a cruise director ?

Not "ruined" but the CD makes a huge difference to us.

We really enjoy participating in activities (such as trivia, karaoke, evening sing alongs, etc). We like the evening lounge entertainment as well as the show in the theatre.

Under different CDs, there is a big difference in the involvement and entertainment value of entire activities staff, the way these programs are run, and how many of them are scheduled. We hate walking through the ship and seeing quiet lounges with empty stages, no one at the piano, etc. We hate attending lackluster trivia or evening game shows. And, we really hate ships that do not have enough of these activities scheduled. All the venues throughout the ship should be utilized with various entertainment. Some CDs are much more complete schedulers than others.

Some CDs run a very boring ship, while others have a top notch entertainment and activity program.

Drew was born in London, Ontario. We really enjoyed him as a CD on the monarch. He was born at the same hospital where my wife worked and everytime he met us on the ship he would loudly say ''That lady saw me naked''. A very personable and approachable person.

My DW (1976) and I (1972) were born in London at St Joe's. Our DS was born there too in 2007.

Your wife might have seen us naked too.:eek::p