Carnival Atlantis "Full Day" Times???

agc291

Can someone please give me their experience with this shore excursion?

We will be in Nassau from Oct 24 @ 11:30 am til Oct 25 @ 10 pm. The full day excursion Carnival offers is from 9:30- 2:30. I dont see why we dont get a "full day" out of it:confused: Is it the same if you book through Atlantis? I have seen on the Bahamas threads that they begin to dim the lights at the aquarium in the early evening but even then it is still open?

I my experience, the actual transportation will end at about 2:30, but you are free to stay later and make your own way back to the ship....it's not difficult, or expensive. The tour itself, IS expensive. We will be on the Glory for the cruise right before yours, and I booked rooms at Atlantis which was expensive but less expensive than the ships tours would be for the six of us.....plus we get two full days instead of a couple of hours.

I my experience, the actual transportation will end at about 2:30, but you are free to stay later and make your own way back to the ship....it's not difficult, or expensive. The tour itself, IS expensive. We will be on the Glory for the cruise right before yours, and I booked rooms at Atlantis which was expensive but less expensive than the ships tours would be for the six of us.....plus we get two full days instead of a couple of hours.

We have a group of 4 but have looked into both the Comfort Suites as well as the Atlantis and it was about the same. My concern was the "hidden" fees I keep reading about. There was a $5 pp room service gratuity as well as $13 pp utility fee. I will look again this week because we definitely would have preferred to book a room. I just wish we hadnt waited so long to decide. We had originally planned on scuba diving with Stuarts Cove but my BF decided we can only do this in Nassau so might as well. Thanks again!!

I didnt ask your opinion on what my plans were.

no, but you did ask for experiences. i agree with the others, that in my experience, atlantis through the excursions dept. was a ripoff. i've not booked rooms there, so maybe that makes a difference.

I didnt ask your opinion on what my plans were.
Responder was not opining on your plans, they were opining on their experience at Atlantis, which is the question that you originally posed.

My question was simply regarding the excursion not if they thought it was a rip off. They did not include any info on why it was so or even stating that they had done it so it was unhelpful and did not answer my question.

We have a group of 4 but have looked into both the Comfort Suites as well as the Atlantis and it was about the same. My concern was the "hidden" fees I keep reading about. There was a $5 pp room service gratuity as well as $13 pp utility fee. I will look again this week because we definitely would have preferred to book a room. I just wish we hadnt waited so long to decide. We had originally planned on scuba diving with Stuarts Cove but my BF decided we can only do this in Nassau so might as well. Thanks again!!

Opinions do vary on Atlantis, but we have always enjoyed the days we have spent there. There are a lot of extra charges on the base rate, so you do need to be prepared for that.

I did the ships tour once and I have doubts about whether it was worth it.....by the time you get the wristband and board the bus to take you over there, then you get off the bus and our guide insisted on doing a big walk through tour of the grounds.....it was an hour after we got to Atlantis that we FINALLY reached the locker area and were turned loose to enjoy.

Whatever you decide to do, I am sure you will have a great cruise, the Glory is a great ship and cruising from Norfolk is fantastic! Have fun!

We will be in Nassau from Oct 24 @ 11:30 am til Oct 25 @ 10 pm. The full day excursion Carnival offers is from 9:30- 2:30. I dont see why we dont get a "full day" out of it:confused: Is it the same if you book through Atlantis? I have seen on the Bahamas threads that they begin to dim the lights at the aquarium in the early evening but even then it is still open?

Are you doing the Aquaventure? The water park closes at 5 or 6. Like the other said, you can always opt to take a taxi on your own back to the ship. They won't kick you off the property at 2:30.

Opinions do vary on Atlantis, but we have always enjoyed the days we have spent there. There are a lot of extra charges on the base rate, so you do need to be prepared for that.

I did the ships tour once and I have doubts about whether it was worth it.....by the time you get the wristband and board the bus to take you over there, then you get off the bus and our guide insisted on doing a big walk through tour of the grounds.....it was an hour after we got to Atlantis that we FINALLY reached the locker area and were turned loose to enjoy.

Whatever you decide to do, I am sure you will have a great cruise, the Glory is a great ship and cruising from Norfolk is fantastic! Have fun!

Are you doing the Aquaventure? The water park closes at 5 or 6. Like the other said, you can always opt to take a taxi on your own back to the ship. They won't kick you off the property at 2:30.

Thank you very much. I think we are just going to book a room for the night so we can do the aquarium the night before and then the water park the next day.

We grabbed a taxi and bought tickets at the kiosk there at Atlantis.

I believe they were about $110 each and the locker was $12 ( at a different location).

The waterpark does not open until 10AM....

Personally our family of four was not impressed. Glad we did it just to check it off our bucket list...but will not ever do it again.

Archived