Suite/Elite Internet

xavier

Since suites booked after 14 July 2012 do not receive any free internet, you should only receive your elite internet minutes.

We booked our cruise in April of this year but just upgraded to a full suite. Will we get the free internet?

We booked our cruise in April of this year but just upgraded to a full suite. Will we get the free internet?

It's worth a try. My kids were booked into a mini-suite and upgraded to a suite a couple of days before the cruise. I asked passenger services if they were entitled to free internet and they were.

Denise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's worth a try. My kids were booked into a mini-suite and upgraded to a suite a couple of days before the cruise. I asked passenger services if they were entitled to free internet and they were.

Denise

However, suites no longer get free internet.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. My sons were booked in a mini-suite before July 15, and upgraded to a suite in September. They got free Internet. It's still worth asking, the worse they can say is no.

Denise

I am an Elite staying in a suite (booked after the removal of unlimited free internet) Do I get my elite Internet Credit & my Suite Internet credit? Or just one?

Why would you need both? If you booked the suite in time for the grandfathered Internet benefit, the Internet is unlimited.

• 1 month later...

Suites don't get free Wi-Fi minutes, I get that.

In the "Staterooms" video currently on the Princess website, however, we are told:

"... a variety of additional benefits... (at the 1:30 point she says) and Web access in the Internet Cafe."

So, not Wi-Fi, but if you plop down in the IC you can surf as a suite passenger - can anyone confirm this distinction? :confused:

Rick

We are on a b2b2b booked way before the cutoff. I brought along my letter from Princess saying I booked before the July date. I have had to show it daily and they have to run back to their supervisor every time but still didn't take it off. I think it took four times before it finally was deleted. This last cruise started last Saturday and i am still getting charged. The cruises were linked together - they passed charges onto the next one. I'll wait and go down tomorrow.

I really think suites should be offered at least 350 minutes - for what we are paying!!!!! Upgrades no - but people paying full price. The internet has been so slow and i have wasted so many minutes because I think I have posted something but I get cut off in the middle. Even with unlimited - I still compose longer notes on word. That way I can copy and post if they don't show up.

And don't plan to upload any pictures. I've been trying for three weeks. Could last Christmas - almost seems like this is a cheaper system now. Not at all happy with the internet and why is it that the managers are worthless. "You have to remember this system is thru a satellite" - tht is his answer for everything.

We are on a b2b2b booked way before the cutoff. I brought along my letter from Princess saying I booked before the July date. I have had to show it daily and they have to run back to their supervisor every time but still didn't take it off. I think it took four times before it finally was deleted. This last cruise started last Saturday and i am still getting charged. The cruises were linked together - they passed charges onto the next one. I'll wait and go down tomorrow.

I really think suites should be offered at least 350 minutes - for what we are paying!!!!! Upgrades no - but people paying full price. The internet has been so slow and i have wasted so many minutes because I think I have posted something but I get cut off in the middle. Even with unlimited - I still compose longer notes on word. That way I can copy and post if they don't show up.

And don't plan to upload any pictures. I've been trying for three weeks. Could last Christmas - almost seems like this is a cheaper system now. Not at all happy with the internet and why is it that the managers are worthless. "You have to remember this system is thru a satellite" - tht is his answer for everything.

Have you involved the host from the Captains Circle desk? Hardly seems fair since you were told one thing on land and another on the ship.

Suites don't get free Wi-Fi minutes, I get that.

In the "Staterooms" video currently on the Princess website, however, we are told:

"... a variety of additional benefits... (at the 1:30 point she says) and Web access in the Internet Cafe."

So, not Wi-Fi, but if you plop down in the IC you can surf as a suite passenger - can anyone confirm this distinction? :confused:

Rick

That video was probably made before WIFI was even available on a ship and this the Internet Cafe was the only option.

Since they did not take the effort in years to update the video to say it included WIFI, why expect them to update the video to the even newer reality of no included WIFI?

You weren't forced to pay more and stay in a suite. There are many amenities, but I don't understand why you feel you should have 350 free minutes because you book a suite.

I don't like hearing that because our next cruise is a suite we booked before the cutoff. Before the change, when you signed in from a suite, the system automatically recognized you were in a suite. This time, did you just sign in and buy a package and then ask to have to charges reversed? I'm not clear how they want us to handle this now.

I bought an internet package and then went to passenger services and they removed the charges. They did have to check with the Internet manager so it took about 24 hours.

Denise

I bought an internet package and then went to passenger services and they removed the charges. They did have to check with the Internet manager so it took about 24 hours.

Denise

Thanks, Denise! That's nice to know.

Yes,

When you sign in, you have to purchase minutes. That is how it has always been but they use to take it off right away. Now they don't - ever since they eliminated the perk so you have to go down and tell them that you booked before that date, Then, they say " I have to go speak to my supervisor" and they come back ten minutes later and say "ok". I showed them the letter from Princess each time. But as I said - it never came off so I had to go back three times. Finally the charges came off. Now, you would think that since the cruises were linked, they would know it should be taken off the next cruise but I will go down tomorrow and remind them. I'm not worried - they are just real busy. If you booked before July, I'd suggest you print a copy of the letter you received and if you don't have one, call and ask them to e-mail something to you. I have two more cruises that I booked before July and will make sure that letter comes with me each time.

aikensbest,

because I am paying a hell of a lot of money to book those suites, especially the GS. So, yes, I think I deserve some free minutes. It really is not fair to take them away when they still offer free minutes to elite and platinum. Watch people complain if and when they have that perk dropped. yes, I know you still have your elite and plat ones. This has been discussed many times. Many jealous people say "too bad - you abused that perk" maybe some do but not all of us. You could say the same thing for the laundry - how many elite abuse that perk.

We get the Thermal Suite as a perk. Haven't been able to use it the past two weeks because it has been packed every time we have gone up there, so not all suite perks are that great.

I hope I explained it.

Yes,

When you sign in, you have to purchase minutes. That is how it has always been but they use to take it off right away. Now they don't - ever since they eliminated the perk so you have to go down and tell them that you booked before that date, Then, they say " I have to go speak to my supervisor" and they come back ten minutes later and say "ok". I showed them the letter from Princess each time. But as I said - it never came off so I had to go back three times. Finally the charges came off. Now, you would think that since the cruises were linked, they would know it should be taken off the next cruise but I will go down tomorrow and remind them. I'm not worried - they are just real busy. If you booked before July, I'd suggest you print a copy of the letter you received and if you don't have one, call and ask them to e-mail something to you. I have two more cruises that I booked before July and will make sure that letter comes with me each time.

Thanks for the detailed explanation and I wish you luck on your endeavor. I only have an email from my travel agent verifying that Princess told her I would get free internet. I'm hoping that's enough. Enjoy your cruise.

You would think that they would have dealt with those of us grandfathered enough already that it wouldn't be such an ordeal. Guess we'll find out in six weeks.

CruisingJS, were it me, i'd ask your TA to get an email from Princess stating that based upon your booking date you are grandfathered, print it and take it with you. Not sure if you are challenged if an email from your TA stating "Princess told her" would work.

CruisingJS, were it me, i'd ask your TA to get an email from Princess stating that based upon your booking date you are grandfathered, print it and take it with you. Not sure if you are challenged if an email from your TA stating "Princess told her" would work.

I agree.

If you need me to, I can see if I still have the contact info and post it.

Lots of little things have been very frustrating not only on these b2b2b cruises but our last one as well.

We are allowed to order lunch and dinner off the MDR menu in our cabin as a suite perk but they don't leave it in your cabin like they use to. First week I was ready to scream. Our steward said his supervisor said he had to have the menus printed so he didn't have them yet. WHAT!!!!!!!!! After about four times of him saying that, I said " I want to talk to your supervisor - he is not telling the truth - they reuse the menus"!!!! Then I finally got him to bring them and guess what - they were never the correct menus. Makes you feel like an idiot when you call room service. That is another reason we book suites - we don't do the buffet. Said I wasn't going to complain at all about this cruise - too many people are still hurting from Sandy but it may be the end of booking Princess and their suites.

Archived