St. Patrick's Cathedral

Sheltieluv

Hi NYC experts--:)

We are staying at the London at 151 W 54th Street the night before our cruise departs from Brooklyn. We were trying to figure out what to do in the short time we'll have in NYC (will arrive the afternoon of the 13th), and decided that we might go to the 10:15 a.m. mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral on Sunday, 10/14, and then go back to the hotel, pick up our luggage, and then head over to the Brooklyn Pier to check in for our cruise.

A few questions from NYC newbie-visitors--

Is the distance from our hotel to the church "walkable"?

If not, what would a cab cost us round-trip?

Any good places in the area for decent breakfast?

And last, on a Sunday, how long will it take us from our hotel to the Brooklyn Pier? Just trying to figure out timing before I book a car service.

Thanks so much for your help!

Thanks for the info. I've warned my husband that we need to be prepared for NYC restaurant prices....:p

Would you happen to know how long the Mass is at St. Patrick's? An hour or so? Just trying to figure out what time to leave for Brooklyn Pier if it takes about an hour to get there.

Thanks again!

It's about 0.6 miles from the hotel to St. Patrick's Cathedral...certainly walkable for anyone without mobility or other physical issues.

The drive from the hotel to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal should be 30 minutes or less in light traffic...and Sunday is generally the lightest traffic day in NY City.

It's about 0.6 miles from the hotel to St. Patrick's Cathedral...certainly walkable for anyone without mobility or other physical issues.

The drive from the hotel to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal should be 30 minutes or less in light traffic...and Sunday is generally the lightest traffic day in NY City.

true, but I always add a half an hour for any bridge trouble or street closings for a parade.

Would you happen to know how long the Mass is at St. Patrick's? An hour or so? Just trying to figure out what time to leave for Brooklyn Pier if it takes about an hour to get there.
We've gone to Mass at St. Patrick's. I think it's more than an hour, given that it's "prime time" on Sunday and the choir sings. If you look at the Mass schedule, the Masses are an hour apart - except the 10:15 Mass. They allow 1 hour 45 minutes until the next Mass. I would think it would be over by 11:30-11:40, though, to allow time for the ushers to straighten up for the next Mass.

Here is the website http://www.saintpatrickscathedral.org/ It seems that the 10:15 is a high Mass with choir and that one is televised. The next one is at 12 noon, but they are an hour apart other times. If you go to the 9 a.m. Mass you will probably be out of there by 10.

We've gone to Mass at St. Patrick's. I think it's more than an hour, given that it's "prime time" on Sunday and the choir sings. If you look at the Mass schedule, the Masses are an hour apart - except the 10:15 Mass. They allow 1 hour 45 minutes until the next Mass. I would think it would be over by 11:30-11:40, though, to allow time for the ushers to straighten up for the next Mass.

Archived