Miami Beach Hotels in July for 150ish?

holdon216

Would like to extend our cruise vacation next July and spend two nights in Miami Beach. Is it possible to get a room for 150.00 or even under at a decent place? We would just taxi there from the port. Looking for a place on or close to a nice beach, some stores, and places to eat. Is it doable? Thanks

Check the FLA departure boards for more info. ;)

Oyster dot com and trip advisor offer great reviews of south beach hotels -- $150/night for two in a room should be easy in July. Good luck! :)

Is South Beach the same as Miami Beach? I have been to "a" Miami beach, and i have sailed out of Miami but i really don't know what is where. Is the port actually in Miami Beach?

Do you think we'd get better rates waiting till closer to July? TY

You might get better rates by waiting until closer to July. Price them now and see what you find.

The port where the cruise ship departs is in downtown Miami. "Miami Beach" is a barrier island, connected by bridges to mainland Miami. Miami Beach is about 20 minutes from the port in decent traffic, depending on where you stay in Miami Beach. "South Beach" is the hot spot end of Miami beach, and what people frequently think of when they talk about Miami Beach. Actually, the beach runs for miles beyond South Beach, but much of it is bordered by high rise condos at this point, with hotels stuck in between.

Is South Beach the same as Miami Beach? I have been to "a" Miami beach, and i have sailed out of Miami but i really don't know what is where. Is the port actually in Miami Beach?

Do you think we'd get better rates waiting till closer to July? TY

South Beach is the southern part of Miami Beach. The Port of Miami is really in Miami proper, but lies immediately alongside a causeway that leads from Miami to... Miami Beach.

One of the posters here on CC, who does some really nice reviews, has stayed at the Savoy on Miami Beach. He states that it is on the beach and close enough to walk to an area to see the ships leave the port.

Here is the link to one of his reviews. It has some nice pictures and info on the hotel. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1414356&highlight=paul+medic

Good luck.

:)

Archived