Miami car rental drop off fee.

Ryancoke

I'd like to sail out of Miami but the only direct flight I can get is to Orlando. So renting a car and dropping it off in Miami makes sense but the only company I've seen so far doing that charges a $150 drop off fee. Which companies have small or no drop off fees in Miami? Thanks for any help on this.

I'd like to sail out of Miami but the only direct flight I can get is to Orlando. So renting a car and dropping it off in Miami makes sense but the only company I've seen so far doing that charges a $150 drop off fee. Which companies have small or no drop off fees in Miami? Thanks for any help on this.

Most car rental companies in Florida, in my experience, have no drop off fee.

http://locations.budget.com/fl/orlando/mco.html

By 'drop off fee' do you mean a surcharge for a one-way rental? I didn't think rental companies in Florida charged one-way rental fees if you pick-up and drop off from two cities in Florida. I have never been charged one in all my years of rentals for cruises and Disney. I have, however, had poorly designed websites try to quote me one.

I would call the rental agency and definitely check around with others if they are insistent on this.

Just did a one-way rental from Tampa to Miami last February with no surcharge.

I have a car reserved from Thrifty to pick up at Fort Lauderdale Airport and drop off in Miami so they will shuttle me for free to the port. It's 70 with taxes and fees included. Not the best price but there's definitely no drop off fee included.

Dollar and Hertz both have downtown Miami locations close to POM with free shuttles; Avis is also downtown but does not offer shuttles (taxi will only be $10).

At the MIA airport car rental center National, Alamo, and Thrifty offer free shuttles to POM. Check the FLA departure board for more info on renting cars in FLA http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Check your favorite travel web site to comparison shop among agencies -- most do not charge a drop fee, but you may pay a higher rate for a one-way rental. :( I like carrentals dot com

The drive from MCO to Miami takes about 3.5-4+ hours -- taking the toll road is worth the savings in time and hassel. Good luck! :)

Rather than a direct flight have you just looked at a connection. It would seem that you could do that in less time then having to go through all the trouble of renting a car.

Look at flights to Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

Keith

Look at Ft Lauderdale Airport. There where we are flying into as their are no direct to miami. 45 min drive compared to a 5 hour drive!

Thanks for these responses. The reason I want a direct flight to Orlando is because it's about 4 hours and something vs Ft Lauderdale a minimum of 10.5 hours with two chances to lose luggage instead of 1. Some flights to Miami from here are 23 hours with 3 luggage imperilling events plus baggage fees which the direct to Orlando wouldn't charge. If they lose your luggage do you get your fees back?

Archived