Final Documents from Oceania

skiladyldp

I have never cruised before so I am a little nervous about everything. We sail in 19 days on the Riveria and I have not received the final documents yet. Is this normal? I have recieved the luggage tags in the mail but it was my understanding that we got something via email 21 days sailing.

The luggage tags come in a little booklet -- at least that's what we received for our recent cruise. That booklet IS your documents. It shows your itinerary, any reservations you have already made, and so on.

These days you don't really need documents, though. Bring along a printout of your booking information and you should be fine.

But look for that booklet!

Mura

Did you not receive a 60-or-so page 8.5x11 booklet with blue covers, personalized for your cruise? I'm assuming you did, if you received luggage tags since they are in the back flap of that booklet. That booklet is your "final document".

I have never cruised before so I am a little nervous about everything. We sail in 19 days on the Riveria and I have not received the final documents yet. Is this normal? I have recieved the luggage tags in the mail but it was my understanding that we got something via email 21 days sailing.

You should receive a final cruise vacation summary via e-mail approximately 21 days prior to your sailing.

Shari

Sharicruz6

If you are using Oceania air you will receive an email with the flight information then just log in the day before the flight & print off boarding passes

As the others stated the booklet is your documentation

If you are concerned contact your TA

Have a good cruise

Lyn

At first glance, the booklet may appear to just be another catalog, though it should come in a vellum envelope and the front of the booklet should say the name of your cruise and then have your name(s) at the bottom of the front. The first three sheets of paper (through page 4) should all be personal information about your cruise. Ours came to our TA and she thought it was just tour information and was not in a hurry to get the whole thing to us. BTW our TA sent us the same information a couple of days ago (we board on the 24th) via email, so she evidently got that information separately as well.

At first glance, the booklet may appear to just be another catalog, though it should come in a vellum envelope and the front of the booklet should say the name of your cruise and then have your name(s) at the bottom of the front. The first three sheets of paper (through page 4) should all be personal information about your cruise. Ours came to our TA and she thought it was just tour information and was not in a hurry to get the whole thing to us. BTW our TA sent us the same information a couple of days ago (we board on the 24th) via email, so she evidently got that information separately as well.

It should be noted that the Travel Agent has the choice of having the "blue booklet" sent directly to the client, or to them.

It looks like this:

234322.jpg

Thank you everyone! My Cruise vacation guide did come about a month ago and it must be the one I am supposed to have. It's not bllue but does say "Official Documents for ...".

I have never used a travel agent either and mine is terrrible. She was the one that has been telling me that I would receive final documents via email 21 days from sailing. She said I would receive in the mail a cruise guide 60 days before we sailed. Well it turns out that what I received in the mail was the final documents. Thanks again. I also took the advice and have have a print out of my Oceania recepts.

Thank you everyone! My Cruise vacation guide did come about a month ago and it must be the one I am supposed to have. It's not bllue but does say "Official Documents for ...".

I have never used a travel agent either and mine is terrrible. She was the one that has been telling me that I would receive final documents via email 21 days from sailing. She said I would receive in the mail a cruise guide 60 days before we sailed. Well it turns out that what I received in the mail was the final documents. Thanks again. I also took the advice and have have a print out of my Oceania recepts.

Actually your final documents come by email..but you dont really need them UNLESS you are taking Oceanias air..if you are your e ticket numbers are in this email..

Jancruz1

Still it does not hurt to have them. We always print out the e-mailed version.

Some port workers/security in developing countries always want to see paperwork before letting you pass.

In Rio we had only paperwork for one of us since both were the same but the security people would not let Frank on the ship until I went on board and got an Oceania person to work it out. Maybe a rare exception but it is worth carrying 4 pieces of paper.

Also be sure to save anything give to you by officials. In Rio (again) we were given an "exit card" when we landed at the airport, just a small piece of paper. Most people threw them out including the new Concierge on the ship. Brazil charged over a $100 fine if you did not turn it in when boarding the ship. I suspect Oceania absorbed the cost or worked it out (Seems to happen a lot in Brazil!) as our on board account was never charged.

I am on the same cruise and I did receive my 21 day advance documents on Wednesday morning via e-mail. I also received the booklet with the itinerary and luggage tags at about the 45 day mark. Though I did not use a TA and booked directly with Oceania. I did note the Pier in the 21 day email seems to have changed from the pier designated in the 45 day booklet.

Actually your final documents come by email..but you dont really need them UNLESS you are taking Oceanias air..if you are your e ticket numbers are in this email..

Jancruz1

Jan, I've never received any cruise documents via email from Oceania...only the blue booklets. I didn't realize that others were getting cruise documents via email.

Jan, I've never received any cruise documents via email from Oceania...only the blue booklets. I didn't realize that others were getting cruise documents via email.

Maybe you need to have a chat with your TA ;)

I get the booklet from Oceania & the email from my TA

Lyn

Aruba,

Lyn beat me to it but I was going to ask if you book directly with O or use a TA. Our TA always sends an email "Final Cruise Vacation Summary" which even includes your email address while on board. If you book directly, perhaps Oceania doesn't send this out ... On July 29th we received this email from our TA for our cruise leaving Athens on August 18th.

If you use a TA and don't receive such an email, then Lyn is also right: check with him or her!

Mura

Archived