Downgrading

skibyrd

:confused: having sailed only in JS on Allure, we decided to "downgrade" from the JS on the Oasis this year to D7 and have saved $1300 for the week. Upside is that we are next to my sister (her first balcony) and parents. So much negative here about the regular balconies, I'm a bit anxious. I did get cabins deck 11 near the large public balconies so have a gathering place. Not going back now, but positive balcony comments????

:confused: having sailed only in JS on Allure, we decided to "downgrade" from the JS on the Oasis this year to D7 and have saved $1300 for the week. Upside is that we are next to my sister (her first balcony) and parents. So much negative here about the regular balconies, I'm a bit anxious. I did get cabins deck 11 near the large public balconies so have a gathering place. Not going back now, but positive balcony comments????

I would enjoy the savings and have a blast! It's your cruise enjoy the Oasis and all she offers. Nothing wrong sailing in a D7 with $1300 bucks in your pocket!

I believe you are confusing the negative reviews with BW and the CP balconies. You will be very happy with a D7

I would enjoy the savings and have a blast! It's your cruise enjoy the Oasis and all she offers. Nothing wrong sailing in a D7 with $1300 bucks in your pocket!

I found that, while I had a boardwalk cabin, with a view to the ocean, on the Allure, I missed being directly on the ocean. So your cabin category would work for me. I too would save the $1300 (but watch for price savings as you and your family might still get a JS for the same price, depending on cabin demand later on). That $1300 is almost another cruise!

Enjoy your cruise, book a cabana if available with your savings and enjoy your cruise with that extra cash that is now available to youl.

I found that, while I had a boardwalk cabin, with a view to the ocean, on the Allure, I missed being directly on the ocean. So your cabin category would work for me. I too would save the $1300 (but watch for price savings as you and your family might still get a JS for the same price, depending on cabin demand later on). That $1300 is almost another cruise!

Enjoy your cruise, book a cabana if available with your savings and enjoy your cruise with that extra cash that is now available to youl.

LOL cabana booked!!!

I always find these type of posts funny...you sailed Allure in A JS and now moved down to a standard to save the money ...I get that....but now you want positive comments to enforce the decision...that is the funny part. In all seriousness....there isn't anything wrong with a standard ocean balcony cabin on Oasis/Allure.....but are you going to miss going from a JS down to a standard....well only you know if that $1300 savings is going to answer that question. There is no question that more space is nice...especially on a cruise ship where cabin space is very limited.......I remember someone once telling me...."how you can miss something you never had"....little different story once you had though...so it's you that really needs to decide how important that $1300 was.

I have stayed in inside to royal family suites. Give me broom closet as long as I am on cruise I am happy. I don't book cabin for the size I book for the savings to apply to my next cruise. Save $1300 and while on board book a JS on another cruise.

Being close to family - priceless. Our Oasis cruise. We had bw and MOM & DD in one D2 and MIL & DD in another both right across the hall. The convenience of just communicating with each other was worth it. Especially at dinner and show times.

Stop stressing and start enjoying because you know you are going to have fun:)

I don't know if I'd really consider it a downgrade, not like your booking a inside room on deck 3 or what ever the lowest deck is on that ship.

I had a D7 12728 on Allure. Took the two balcony chairs and moved them up against the divider. Put the table in between them. Got a reclining chair from the public deck(SHHHH!) and positioned it at an angle on the left. Still had room to move around and stand at rail. The inside of the room of course will be smaller when you first walk in. You might even say at first. I would have really liked the Jr. Just remember: As the week goes on. Every time you walk back into the room. It will seem larger and larger.:) Not really sure why that is but it is true.

Archived