Anyone ever bid on a charity cruise on ebay?

Just wondering as there is a charity auction for a princess (7 day carribean or mexico balcony for 2 people) starting at $1000 with no bids currently. It looks like a good package if you can take off within the next couple months.

Has anyone ever tried this? Never used ebay for cruise planning before.

Hi-

I did a little investigation. This is an auction to benefit face forward inc, and they stated that it is legitimate when I contacted them directly (through their contact information from a source other than ebay). The only catch appears to be that you have to use it before December 15. I will be too far along in my pregnancy to cruise past the first week in November, so this may be a really great deal for someone with flexibility. If you are interested, go to ebay and search princess cruises under gift certificates. Normally I would keep it to myself, but there are no bids yet (min $1000). It goes towards reconstructive surgery and counseling for women and children that are victims of domestic or gang violence, so I hope they can do better than that- however this is all I am willing to pay considering the risk I may not be able to use it before I can't cruise for a while (plus I have to sweet talk Nanna and papa into sitting my DD). It's for the base fare for 2 in a balcony cabin, seems like a good deal for somebody! It ends in about a day, so take a look if you are flexible.

Just wondering as there is a charity auction for a princess (7 day carribean or mexico balcony for 2 people) starting at $1000 with no bids currently. It looks like a good package if you can take off within the next couple months.

Has anyone ever tried this? Never used ebay for cruise planning before.

I would not consider this auction, as it is in violation of several eBay listing rules.

1. It's listed under Gift Certificates, and you are not allowed to list gift cards with value over $500.

2. Gift cards for travel services (such as airline tickets, lodging, and so on) have to be listed in the Travel > Other category. For more details, see our travel policy.

3. eBay's travel policy prohibits the sale of cruises, unless:

Your business must be authorized to issue air or cruise tickets or vacation packages.

In your listing, your business must also display all travel licensing credentials by name and number including your California Seller of Travel. (The California Seller of Travel license is not required for vacation packages that do not include air travel or cruises (CST) license.)

If someone cannot follow these very basic rules, I simply would not trust their auction.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived