SFO return flight at noon too early?

RMLincoln

We have a flight out of SFO at noon after our Hawaii cruise. it will be a Wednesday, ship to dcok at 7am. I'm thinking that taking ship transfers (Princess) will be the most reliabel way to get to the airport by 10:30. Am I OK with that plan? m--

There was another thread on this subject which you will see if you just scroll down.

I know that many thought the Princess transfer was fine but that flight was later than yours.

I would go with a taxi or private car because for you speed will be important.

Unless you are flying first or business class I would really try to arrive to SFO closer to two hours before the flight. The reason I say this is because at certain times of the day the lines getting through security are massive and can take a very long time.

It all comes down to personal preference including stress. I don't like stress so I would want to be off the ship and into either a taxi or private car as soon as possible.

I would not want to be waiting for the Princess bus to fill up nor that reality that they will be making several stops at the airport to drop people off at various areas based on airline.

Keith

Noon is fine. We fly out of SFO many times each year. Arriving 90 minutes prior to flight is fine.

Reliable transport? Ship's transfer is doable. A taxi will do just fine, and will be cheaper than a ship's transfer, and every bit as reliable. If you read down the board there are other, cheaper methods, but require mobility with your bags, and probably more time than you want to spend.

There was another thread on this subject which you will see if you just scroll down.

I know that many thought the Princess transfer was fine but that flight was later than yours.

I would go with a taxi or private car because for you speed will be important.

Unless you are flying first or business class I would really try to arrive to SFO closer to two hours before the flight. The reason I say this is because at certain times of the day the lines getting through security are massive and can take a very long time.

It all comes down to personal preference including stress. I don't like stress so I would want to be off the ship and into either a taxi or private car as soon as possible.

I would not want to be waiting for the Princess bus to fill up nor that reality that they will be making several stops at the airport to drop people off at various areas based on airline.

Keith

I hadn't thought about this last point! I guess taxi is the best way to go! Plan made!! :) m--

Although your plan is made, there are two points to consider. First, just because the ship arrives at 7:00 AM, doesn't mean you will get off at 7:00 AM. Second, you will be heading to SFO during the end of the morning rush hour - and there is no such thing as against the traffic along the route. Realize that this comes from someone who believes that there is an inverse relationship between how much time there is before flight departure and the probability of Murphy's Law kicking in (did I mention that the lines at SFO can be long?) :eek:

Although your plan is made, there are two points to consider. First, just because the ship arrives at 7:00 AM, doesn't mean you will get off at 7:00 AM. Second, you will be heading to SFO during the end of the morning rush hour - and there is no such thing as against the traffic along the route. Realize that this comes from someone who believes that there is an inverse relationship between how much time there is before flight departure and the probability of Murphy's Law kicking in (did I mention that the lines at SFO can be long?) :eek:

I think I'm getting it! Use a plan with minimal to no slack time.

So we should be able to self disembark, early as possible - I'm assuming that self-disembark will get us off the ship earlier than Princess transfer?

Then taxi ASAP to SFO and hopefully we'll have lots of time to kill at the airport either in lines or not :D

m--

Must have cash for taxi or do they take plastic?

I think I'm getting it! Use a plan with minimal to no slack time.

So we should be able to self disembark, early as possible - I'm assuming that self-disembark will get us off the ship earlier than Princess transfer?

Then taxi ASAP to SFO and hopefully we'll have lots of time to kill at the airport either in lines or not :D

m--

Must have cash for taxi or do they take plastic?

If you must do this plan, I would arrange for a private car to mitigate the risk of your finding out how bad taxicabs are in San Francisco at the worst possible moment (I can tell several horror stories and it has hit the point where I won't take one unless absolutely necessary.:mad:) It won't cost that much more than the $40-50 from the pier a cab would charge and you have a better chance of them accepting plastic.

Archived