Whisper Oct 22 NYC-Barbados

duct tape

• 2 weeks later...

Duct Tape,

If you have the opportunity, would you secure a copy of the current Connoisseur Wine List aboard the Whisper and post a pdf file here in the Wines Onboard thread upon your return home? I have a feeling the list is going to change in New York.

I contacted Silversea last Friday and the list they sent me was at least 5 years older than the one Colonel Wes posted on August 20th this year. I was told the list I received is the only one they have, but clearly that's not the case based on the list Wes posted.

Thank You!

I will ask the Sommelier if he can do that. Weather is beautiful. The ship is just about full and the pool deck is standing room only today!
That would be wonderful if the sommelier would do that. Feel free to let the person know I'm just wanting to do a little pre-cruise planning before we join the ship in November. I realize things may change between now and then, but I imagine there will be many similarities.

Glad to hear the weather is beautiful. Have a wonderful cruise!

I will ask the Sommelier if he can do that. Weather is beautiful. The ship is just about full and the pool deck is standing room only today!

You know it all changed when you boarded......so very glad to know weather has improved. Did I tell you one day after leaving Quebec the temp was 4 C!!

Duct Tape, waiting patiently to hear any news regarding your southern route and

Hurricane Sandy you are sure to encounter. I couldn't find the itinerary for this segment to see where you are at.

I'm sure you will have some tales to share when we meet on the Cloud in a few short weeks.

Wishing you safe passage :)

Will post tomorrow when we get to St Barth's. Meanwhile, internet is SOOO slow I want to scream. Rain and gray with some sea yesterday but we are full of sunshine and warmth today. All is well.

So glad to hear that you have escaped the storm. Maryland is on high alert -- they are stressing the need to purchase batteries, bread, milk, water and tp per usual.

So glad to hear that you have escaped the storm. Maryland is on high alert -- they are stressing the need to purchase batteries, bread, milk, water and tp per usual.

This storm sounds awful, Victoria, are u safe?

Cheers

Jennifer

Finally. Good afternoon from St Maarten. We have had fine weather since the other day but today the swells in St Barth's were too much for the tenders so we came over to this island. As usual, the Tour Desk mobilized quickly and folks are off tourist-ing. I know, I know, it's not a word but I like it. We are docked on the same pier as the Queen Victoria and she is bobbing like a bottle, protecting us from the wind. We are 363 in all, 189 Venetians and 171 1st timers. The Venetian Party was quite crowded and the amount of cumulative days was phenomenal, 2 couples over 1100 days! David Bilsland continues to be a hit and has a new session with folks preparing different items and then tasting everything. Capt Corsaro is here as well as Norman, HD, Don, CD, Jeff, Concierge, Iwona, Cruise Consultant and lots of staff/crew with smiling faces. We have been busy with moving and drying out since the portside hot tub decided to leak and our suite got in the way! Mostly sea days this segment and they have been a pleasure. The pool is popular as well as tea, bridge and trivia. To Antigua tomorrow. emtbsam, we also live on the Bay and anxiously await any news. I just saw that the latest NOOA forecast says the lower Bay will have surge tide of 4 -6 ft. Hope all goes well.

Finally. Good afternoon from St Maarten. We have had fine weather since the other day but today the swells in St Barth's were too much for the tenders so we came over to this island. As usual, the Tour Desk mobilized quickly and folks are off tourist-ing. I know, I know, it's not a word but I like it. We are docked on the same pier as the Queen Victoria and she is bobbing like a bottle, protecting us from the wind. We are 363 in all, 189 Venetians and 171 1st timers. The Venetian Party was quite crowded and the amount of cumulative days was phenomenal, 2 couples over 1100 days! David Bilsland continues to be a hit and has a new session with folks preparing different items and then tasting everything. Capt Corsaro is here as well as Norman, HD, Don, CD, Jeff, Concierge, Iwona, Cruise Consultant and lots of staff/crew with smiling faces. We have been busy with moving and drying out since the portside hot tub decided to leak and our suite got in the way! Mostly sea days this segment and they have been a pleasure. The pool is popular as well as tea, bridge and trivia. To Antigua tomorrow. emtbsam, we also live on the Bay and anxiously await any news. I just saw that the latest NOOA forecast says the lower Bay will have surge tide of 4 -6 ft. Hope all goes well.

Duct Tape were you affected by Sandy at all? I spotted you near Bermuda and looked like storm was already gone. So long silent I was wondering -- just a word please - and thanks.

Tuesday morning report on Sandy.

Here in the Baltimore/Washington area, we got very lucky. Severna Park lost power due to a big transformer malfunction in Glen Burnie. Power is expected to be out for a number of days. The water never got over the pier in the Magothy, but we have another high tide this afternoon. There is no wind right now, so we're hopeful that trees will remain standing despite the water soaked ground.

Hope DT's house came through as well.

We had 2 beautiful days in Bermuda. The next day @ sea was wet, chilly but it cleard the next day. Dominica yesterday, hot and humid but lots of eco-excursions and water sport activities. Took the Wimp Tour on the Trolley around the town, pleasant. I can report that all is well in Annapolis! No loss of power, no dangerously high water and dry friends. Thanx, all. Bequia today, Overview Excursions and some boating activity. Very fun BBQ last evening. Crew march was on deck as well as most of the guests, the show and the disco. Crew worked very hard, as usual. Captain Corsaro just d/c'd tender service due to high winds and lots of rolling but I am sure it will be back on in a reasonable amount of time. Into Barbados tomorrow to pick up the new kids and look for familiar faces. Our team is cleaning up in Trivia!

Archived