Sanctuary Pool

Fluffy62

Thank you Tracie. We are going to book The Sanctuary for our 14 day in April on the Caribbean Princess, I just wasn't sure if it had a pool. Just like having water nearby!!
As Tracie said, on the Grand class ships such as the Caribbean, the Lotus/Spa Pool is just outside the Sanctuary entrance and there is no fee for anyone to use that pool. The Island and Coral Sanctuaries are two levels aft and there is a shallow splash pool that was in the Youth area but is now only accessible from the Sanctuary.

As Tracie said, on the Grand class ships such as the Caribbean, the Lotus/Spa Pool is just outside the Sanctuary entrance and there is no fee for anyone to use that pool. The Island and Coral Sanctuaries are two levels aft and there is a shallow splash pool that was in the Youth area but is now only accessible from the Sanctuary.

It's not the splash pool that is part of the sanctuary on Island and Coral, it's the aft Terrace pool.

It's not the splash pool that is part of the sanctuary on Island and Coral, it's the aft Terrace pool.
It used to be called the Youth Center Pool before the Sanctuary was added. I believe once in a while one of the youth groups might use the pool for an activity.

The Lotus Spa pool may be adults only, but we've seen kids in it, and that kept us out of it.

That needs to be reported... Kids have access to most of the other pools. The Lotus Pool is for adults. It is really small in most cases.

That needs to be reported... Kids have access to most of the other pools. The Lotus Pool is for adults. It is really small in most cases.
The Lotus Pool on the Island and Coral is listed as Adults Only but is the covered pool. On cold weather cruises such as Alaska I think an exception is allowable. I have even seen youth activities take place there. Before you say anything, our kids are grown and we have no grand kids. There were children in the Lotus Pool on our three day coastal. A bit noisy but no big deal for us. What is a family with kids to do when it is so cold that people aren't even sitting outside around the Lido Pool to watch MUTS? On other ships I would agree the they shouldn't be allowed.

The Lotus Pool on the Island and Coral is listed as Adults Only but is the covered pool. On cold weather cruises such as Alaska I think an exception is allowable. I have even seen youth activities take place there. Before you say anything, our kids are grown and we have no grand kids. There were children in the Lotus Pool on our three day coastal. A bit noisy but no big deal for us. What is a family with kids to do when it is so cold that people aren't even sitting outside around the Lido Pool to watch MUTS? On other ships I would agree the they shouldn't be allowed.

There is always a compromise...:)

Thank you everyone for all your responses! I totally understand about children in pools, have been cruising with my son since he was about 6 years old. Been there done that! This cruise however is for my 20th anniversary and is all about US this time haha! Son is now 19 years old......now is time for relaxation and pampering! Can't wait ;)

Thank you everyone for all your responses! I totally understand about children in pools, have been cruising with my son since he was about 6 years old. Been there done that! This cruise however is for my 20th anniversary and is all about US this time haha! Son is now 19 years old......now is time for relaxation and pampering! Can't wait ;)

Take him along. He is now old enough for the adult pools.

We'll be on the Grand next month. Is there a Lotus Spa pool, as well as a Terrace pool? And they're both for adults only? Or is there just one adult-only pool?

Thanks!

Yes there are both. And they were both adult only (age 18 and up) the last time I was on the Grand.

Archived